What is the best braid for trotting on a centrepin?

tiddlertamer

A vote for powerpro here, started using the 10lb red version on my pin recently and so far it's been excellent. The red colour is easy to pick out and it's extremely low diameter. Line doesn't grate too badly either! N

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

Another Fireline Crystal convert here. Excellent float control and gets the hook home each time, especially long trotting.

Never experienced any tangles.

In fact stopped fishing venues that have a ban on it, ( Timsbury ) as i dont like to use mono anymore.

A vote for powerpro here, started using the 10lb red version on my pin recently and so far it's been excellent. The red colour is easy to pick out and it's extremely low diameter. Line doesn't grate too badly either! N

I've got a couple of empty reels so I've ordered 150 yards of the 8lb red powerpro to give it a try. £13.00 from Fishing Tackle Online and it'll fill both reels, not too bad.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

This is a purely personal view I have used various types of braid on pins and universally loath all of them!

The only real advantage is that they all tend to be low/no stretch which may be of some small assistance if you are trying to set a biggish hook at extreme range.

I loath the sound that braid makes in the rod rings, I prefer my line to have some stretch I like my line to flow smoothly through the rod rings I also like my line to have some abrasion resistance mono has it braid doesn't !

Braid is truly the pits when you get a tangle in it, belive me it's much easier to sort out a minor birds nest in mono.

As I have said this a purely personal opinion and I know that Chris Plumb will vehermently disagree with me.

It's all bout confidence and frankly I am more confident with mono.

As to what Brand I prefer it's good old Diawa Sensor cheap as chips and as tough as old boots!

As for breaking strain you seem to have hit it on the head I use 6lb when targetting barbel/ Salmon/carp.

and either 3 or 4lb for most other fish unless I am specifically after roach in very clear river water such as is found on the LAA stretch of the Avon then I will drop down to 2 lb with very fine hooklengths to maximise bait presentation

Took the words out my my mouth there Alan.

Like everyone else before posting im a convert to fireline crystal and bought 7 spools when over in vegas early on in the year as well as all my feeder fishing lines etc, cheap as chips in the USA :)

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

Another 'older' one here that doesn't get on with braid for trotting. Apart from the noise, it just doesn't 'feel' right to me.

Leon sums it up nicely, and I suppose I'm a bit 'stuck in my ways'. My favourite for the last 40 odd years, good old Bayer Perlon, is the one I use most.

John.

Bayer Perlon for me to. Personally I like a main line that sits in the water surface as when Ive tried lines that sit on it (float very high) I find it much harder to hold back when fishing beyond the rod tip without pulling the line and float off line.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep