Fishing terms you do not like.

Dales

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind the term silvers simply describes proper fish rather than pasty carp (I hate the term "pasty"!)

I hate "haulin"! mind you with the gear a lot in fact most carpers use these days its quite apt! In fact I hate the way most modern anglers (especially journos) describe the sport I love! Most know bugger all and make up new buzz words to sound as if they do!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Jeeze I must be getting old because I remember when "Big Pit Reels" (a misnomer if ever I heard one as most are seen being used on anything but BIG pits!) were simply called surf casters or beach reels.....

a puddle is a small pool of water, typically rainwater that a 3 year old can usually walk through in their Thomas the Tank engine wellies!!

Stooby...

Describes most commercials Ive fished mate!

You dont want to worry about catching Pisswings geezer its a "mug" fish anyway............... (I hate the term mug fish! most who catch them are secretly "over the moon" with them!) er in fact not to keen on that term either!

PS I really like the name so much in fact I reckon we should name the lump you caught back in the Spring it!

Edited by BUDGIE

That must mean that some turd dimensions are feasible? Wonder who did that research?

Exactly Rusty! Ever since I first discovered this fact it has troubled me as to how it came about. Surely what defines the parameters of feasibility must vary from person to person? or unlike most other parts of the human anatomy is the maximum diameter of the anal sphincter standard?

Ive heard of the "Bristol Chart" (a scale for defining the hard/softness of human feces) so maybe the feasibility of turd sizes was an off shoot of this research?

bristol.jpg

Mind you I personally have always had issues with the accuracy of the Bristol Chart, they have surely missed out one very common stool? "The Mr Whippy" that should most likely be in between No6 and No7?

Edited by BUDGIE

Mind you I personally have always had issues with the accuracy of the Bristol Chart, they have surely missed out one very common stool? "The Mr Whippy" that should most likely be in between No6 and No7?

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Well "The Mr Whippy" is quite difficult to achieve with any accuracy so perhaps we can forgive them that.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Budgie, you've really brought this topic down to the gutter - nice one :thumbs:

There's another one missing from the Bristol chart (a disappointing name for a list of turds if there ever was one - not at all what I was expecting). There's that one that's like number 6 but impossibly violent, usually makes a very sudden appearance when you're at the far side of a big lake and thought it would be a good idea to eat a tin of Stagg Chilli. (Completely hypothetical, of course.)

Pisswings is a mug mate, Tim's had 'im 3 times already :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

There is, or used to be, a website called ratemypoo.com...it seems to be unavailable at the moment, but it seems to have left a lasting legacy...

Don't click unless you're really sure you want to! Contains disturbing images of poo piles...

Please don't ask me how I know about this, or I may be obliged to kill you...

I've learned a lot since I started fishing...not always for the better!

Janet