More 'Press' For Sharks

Elton

Eating humans, according to the, ahem, Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...ly-Bahamas.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thought I'd heard it all, Sharks eating humans... well I never. Would make a good film, I'd call it Jaws.

Yeah, they made the 'grim discovery' after slicing the thing open! Suprised the mail didn't claim it was an illegal immigrant shark from Ukraine and that this is why house prices on beachfront propeties are likely to fall...

Rant over, hate the Mail... The Shark is dead, Long live the Shark!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

What a bunch of amateurs !

They can't even spice up the story properly - if I were selling newspapers I would put in the line :-

"Police fear that the two legs. two arms and torso come from five different people"

...and remind readers of the gang culture in certain islands, and the hoodlum in the James Bond story who fed someone he didn't like to his pet shark.

The victims's epitaph - "He disagreed with something that ate him"

:) Lots of tourist-attracting mileage there. :)

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

'With tiger sharks, it's unusual for them to attack someone when alive,' Levine said.

'They don't tend to go after something that's alive and can fight back.'

I thought that was a very responsible remark by Ms Levine, obviously she had no intention of over dramatising the incident. On the odd occasion I see a tiger shark when I am diving, I get out of the water even though I have never felt threatened by one. The only incident I know of a tiger shark eating anyone in WA was when one ate a guy who had drowned in Exmouth Gulf. There are a lot of sharks in that part of the world and there are a lot of divers too, but few divers are concerned about the sharks they see. However, there is one fish of which we are all very wary and that is the wobbegong. It is very similar to the monk fish and it has a nasty temper too. They have bitten several of my friends for no reason other than to bite. They have no intention of eating anyone, they just bite and then swim away. The most frightening incident I have experienced was when a friend of mine and I got baled up by a shoal of barracuda. There was a lot of them and some were pretty big - 6'- 7' in length. That really was unpleasant as it would have only taken one to take a bite and we would have been history! The fault of it was mine because I was bleeding heavily from an injury I had sustained when I had been swept into some coral. I had looked at my knee and saw no blood and assumed I was OK. I wasn't, I had forgotten that at the depth we were in, blood shows as being green and not red - something that divers should always bear in mind.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

That 'cuda experience would have scared the proverbial out of me.

I had an experience with a big barracuda once when diving. It must have been about 4'-5', which was big enough in my books, and came over and stopped right in front of me. I tried altering my depth to go over and under it, but it kept copying me. In the end, it got bored and swam off. Quite a nerve-wracking couple of minutes, though!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

That 'cuda experience would have scared the proverbial out of me.

I had an experience with a big barracuda once when diving. It must have been about 4'-5', which was big enough in my books, and came over and stopped right in front of me. I tried altering my depth to go over and under it, but it kept copying me. In the end, it got bored and swam off. Quite a nerve-wracking couple of minutes, though!

The trouble is with barracuda is that they are afraid that another will beat them to a meal and so as one gets closer the others follow. Their speed is just unbelievable and I have heard it said that they can accelerate faster than a F1 car. Having seen one hit a shoal of bait fish in shallow water I can believe that. I was watching the fish and I never saw it move from where it was to where the shoal was. They are fast, powerful fish with mouths that make chainsaws look cuddly; definitely something to be treated with a lot of respect - especially when there is a lot of them.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I've always said that if i wanted to 'get rid' of someone, the Bahamas is the place! A quick jab with a knife then a push overboard and hey ho - sharkfood. I've never seen so many sharks anywhere else in the world. There are some truly massive Bull sharks there too, I had one circle the boat that was estimated well over 500lb - it was pretty peed off cos I 'swung' a 70lb yellowfin into the boat because he was chasing it for his tea!