Car Fuses

Elton

I need some 5mm x 20mm car fuses. These are the glass type.

Having looked online, they all seem to be 250v fuses. i.e. http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr2590.html

I really have no idea how electric works - do I need specific 12v fuses, rather than these ones?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I really have no idea how electric works - do I need specific 12v fuses, rather than these ones?

Yes you do Elton, all to do with current loads I believe!

Try these guys http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/290

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Yes you do Elton, all to do with current loads I believe!

Try these guys http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/290

They only seem to do 6.3mm. I'm not sure they'll fit, although I suppose I could try them. Could be that the ones currently in there are wrong!

EDIT: hang on, they're too long, too LOL

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

250V is the maximum voltage rating. You can use them on a 12V system without any problem.

Cool. I'll get a few ordered. Don't like not having any 'spares'. Not sure what ratings I need, so I'll get a selection.

Cool. I'll get a few ordered. Don't like not having any 'spares'. Not sure what ratings I need, so I'll get a selection.

The rating will be marked on the ones already in the circuit. It's on the metal end caps and it's usually very faint! It will say something like 250V F5A for a 5 amp fast blow fuse or 250V T5A for a 5 amp slow blow fuse. Replace with the same sort, fast or slow.

The rating will be marked on the ones already in the circuit. It's on the metal end caps and it's usually very faint! It will say something like 250V F5A for a 5 amp fast blow fuse or 250V T5A for a 5 amp slow blow fuse. Replace with the same sort, fast or slow.

That's what I'll do, but I'll be assuming the previous owner used the right ones. It's for the custom car, so there's no diagram to go by. Plan is to keep a few in the car, just in case.

That's what I'll do, but I'll be assuming the previous owner used the right ones. It's for the custom car, so there's no diagram to go by. Plan is to keep a few in the car, just in case.

I think I might be tempted to put in a new fusebox so I could use readily available fuses of the correct rating!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I think I might be tempted to put in a new fusebox so I could use readily available fuses of the correct rating!

I'll just work out what they *should* be, check they're right and keep a record. The fusebox is a console thingy above the windscreen, which as well as the fuses, also contains all my switches, including the ignition and starter. Changing wouldn't be a simple job. Besides, it's pretty snazzy :D