My Tackle shop and fishery maps

Darren T

you may have noticed in my sig two maps that i have started on Google Maps. I have been pinpointing some locations of tackle shops and fisheries in my area to make my life a little easier when planning my day out or when trying to suggest the location of a good shop or water.

If anyone would care to help me in my quest (how nice would it be to have a full map!) please feel free to hand over any good tackle shops, waters etc that you are aware of. If you can provide a link to a website or a phone number it'll be even better.

Naturally its a work in progress so any comments are welcome.

Hey Darren, I live in Surrey and know of a few good tackle shops round here that I frequent:

Apollo Angling Centre

Unit 1 Bourne Valley Garden Centre

Woodham Park Road

Addlestone

Surrey

KT15 3TH

http://www.apolloangling.co.uk/

^best of the lot, biggest tackle shop in Surrey, best selection, prices and nicest people too :)

Davies Angling

47-49 Church Street,

Staines

TW18 4EN

www.davies-angling.co.uk/

^quite a nice shop, owners a bit of a patronising guy (well he was to me >>) but good stock and okish prices.

Thames Angling

11 Feltham Road

Ashford

Middlesex

TW15 1DQ

^Another cute little shop, been in business for a good 20 years. Ran by a married couple who are lovely and always willing to help. No website though.

Tackle Tarts Angling,

357 Staines Road West,

Ashford Common,

Ashford,

Middlesex,

TW15 1RP

http://tackletartsangling.com/

^Haven't actually visited this shop yet, but their site looks nice enough!

Hope this helps!

Nice idea, but you might want to check with fishery owners that they don't mind their waters being on your map - there could be potential issues with trespassing, poaching, etc.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

ah yeah thanks for that Anderoo. Didn't cross my mind!

Dan thanks for that list, i have hopefully added them all in roughly the right places! i just hope i can find an excuse to head out to Apollo Angling as it looks like a good few hours dribbling at toys!

For the moment the angling map only contains commercial fisheries who have a map plastered all over the website anyway. Its a shame that we even need to be cautious in thins kind of thing because a good map of loads of waters would benefit everyone who fishes including the owners of the waters. With poaching and trespassing as bad as it is though i can completely understand.

Edited by Darren T