Mobile Phone Number Transfer - How to do it?

HERUTILUS

Greetings, Saturday 25th September 2010, :)

Just bought the wife a mobile phone I have. The question is, can I transfer the contact phone numbers from my mobile onto the new phone SIM card without going to the hassle of inputting 'my' numbers one by one into/onto the new phone? <_<

I'm told, true of false, that one can purchase [From Amazon or whoever] mobile phone SIM card readers which will read the numbers from an existing SIM card then transfer them to another [blank] SIM cardl? <_<

What do the experts have to say - Please advise.

Regards, as per

H :)

There's a web based application that will store all your numbers and automatically upload them to to your new phone or phones. A mate uses it 'cause he gets through phones like I get through bottles of milk.

Will try to dig out the name because I've been intending to store my number on-line as a backup in case i ever manage to loose my phone.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

There's a web based application that will store all your numbers and automatically upload them to to your new phone or phones. A mate uses it 'cause he gets through phones like I get through bottles of milk.

Will try to dig out the name because I've been intending to store my number on-line as a backup in case i ever manage to loose my phone.

Good Afternoon Mr Ken L,

Thank you for the prompt response, much appreciated it is. :)

Had to laugh at the bit re. your mate going through phones like there's nowt the matter, however I bet the daugher & her hubby can beat that. Phones are like paper-hankies, use them once or twice then toss them away. <_< The latest episode in 'how not to look after stuff' was when the daughter was helping one of her children into the bath. She had an expensive mobile in a blouse pocket, it slipped out and went into the hot-water & got to be completely knackered. <_<

I sort of expressed mild annoyance, and got the time-honoured of "Who cares, we'll just buy another one". <_< They're both into the I-Phone thing now, they'll have to more careful with those.

In terms of remembing mobile numbers and such like. We got it all sorted years ago, every New Year we buy an el-biggo calendar, one of those with space in which to jot things down. In terms of being an easy prompt, it works a treat. :)

Regards,

Mr H :)

Why don't you just put the new SIM into the old phone that has the contacts you want on it and use the option to copy contacts from phone to SIM. Then put the SIM back into the new phone and for safety, copy the contacts from the SIM into the new phone's memory. Then set the new phone to only use the phone contacts memory.

Edited by Lid

Why don't you just put the new SIM into the old phone that has the contacts you want on it and use the option to copy contacts from phone to SIM. Then put the SIM back into the new phone and for safety, copy the contacts from the SIM into the new phone's memory. Then set the new phone to only use the phone contacts memory.

Spot on Lid, as long as the 'old phone' is compatible with the new network - or has been unlatched.

If the store you've gone to is worth it's salt they ought to do it for you.

I always advocate backing up contacts on o a pc / laptop (about the only good thing i-Tunes is any good for!)

If you've got a Nokia use Ovi Suite

Sony Ericsson use PC Suite - ditto Samsung and LG. You can download them from the manufacturer's website free gratis.

It'll also back up pictures, music and sms.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Spot on Lid, as long as the 'old phone' is compatible with the new network - or has been unlatched.

I don''t think it matters if the old phone can connect to the network or not, as long as you can get to the contacts menu after you switch it on. I copied the contact numbers from an inactivated SIM card last week without a problem.

Here we go, He just e-mailed me the link.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

That's fine if the phone stores the numbers on the SIM and not in the memory. My old Nokia phone didn't so switching to a new phone lost all the new numbers and loaded up a load of old ones. I then went through my phone book to correct them and delete the old rubbish ones. I could perhaps have tried putting the SIM back in the old phone and tried to copy all numbers to the SIM, but I ran out of interest by the time I worked out what had happened.

Rob.

phones store numbers :o

perhaps i should turn mine on to check if the fiver i put on 2 years ago is still there.

a mobile is an inconvenience in my book and mine is reserved for when it has a convenient thing to do ,talking to anyone except to the RAC is most inconvenient after all if someone really wanted to speak to me they'd write a letter surely.

i have always had the same number my sim goes in my new phone the sim savers batteries dont last long enough to make it worth copying the sim :D but for a mere copy one sim onto another i !spect their fine

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think what Alan was saying is IF you boot the phone with a NONE sim it will ask you to replace the sim with the correct one?

But did see a way around this on ebay last week! It was a sim which takes your sim and lets you use ANY phone even if it is locked to a particular network?? So it seemingly gets around this silly "jailbreak" thing with I Phones??

But thanks for the link!! That is certainly one I will pass along!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))