AnglersNet fish-in, Lower Itchen Fishery

Rusty

Well the bad news is that on each of the three fish-ins that I've been on the weather has been shite and the river bursting it banks.

and me!

Wasn't there a snowy one organised by you on the Barton Court stretch of the Kennet three years ago?

No rain, just 8" deep snow and freezing cold!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and me!

Wasn't there a snowy one organised by you on the Barton Court stretch of the Kennet three years ago?

No rain, just 8" deep snow and freezing cold!

Yep there sure was but the venue looked lovely covered in snow even if there were some dodgy geezers there

BartonCourtinthesnow023.jpg

BartonCourtinthesnow014.jpg

And Stonechats to keep us company

BartonCourtinthesnow002.jpg

it was bloody cold though

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Yes I remember that (wasn't three years ago though, 7th Feb 2009), it was in doubt up until the last minute and even then only locals to the venue could make it. So glad we did though, one of those occasions when the conditions made it a fantastic place to be and the catch (trout :rolleyes: ) wasn't really important. Some more pics while we're reminiscing;

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

you can feel the crisp coldness ousing from them pictures ,proper grayling weather that was ,just not good for 300 mile round trips ,i can't wait for this trip .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Yes I remember that (wasn't three years ago though, 7th Feb 2009), it was in doubt up until the last minute and even then only locals to the venue could make it. So glad we did though, one of those occasions when the conditions made it a fantastic place to be and the catch (trout :rolleyes: ) wasn't really important. Some more pics while we're reminiscing;

It was indeed a lovely day. Thanks for the photos - took me back that did! I recall that Rusty was the only one to catch a grayling. I got some good dace, I recall one about 12oz.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

5 of us fished LIF yesterday - we all had between 4-5doz grayling each ( I had the fewest with 44!) - with around doz each over 1lb most of which were around the 1¼lb mark - not many bigger, though I did manage a couple of 2's along with a 1.15 & a 1.12.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Hi Rusty

If there is still a place I would like to go. Have been (still am!) in the USA so missed the offer until I got on this computer today. Will fly back to UK Thursday next (21st Oct)

Please pm me details and I will post the cheque as soon as I get home.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Another bump to update the current position, only one place left. I've just returned from a weekend fishing the Eden where the average size of grayling caught was around 1 1/2lb (and lots were caught), if that's an indication of LIF stamp of fish then it's going to be quite an occasion.

All those confirmed have sent cheques so non-payers please hurry up, my passport's current but I haven't quite got enough for a new 'pin.

Thamesoddity you should have received a PM from Elton re-payment details and Vagabond you'll have one shortly.

Me (confirmed)

Nicholas S (confirmed)

Jedibond

Steve Walker (confirmed)

JV44 (confirmed)

Dales/Smiffles (both confirmed)

Andrew/Budgie Burgess (both confirmed)

Chavender (confirmed)

Simon Fell (confirmed)

Tincatinca (confirmed)

Anderoo

Goosequill