The South??

Newt

Not angling but I will throw it in here anyway.

According to the current "where are you from" poll in the non-fishing section, most of those posting on here are from the south of England.

Can this be true? Or are the Southern folk the main ones who like where they live?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt,

If you think about the almost triangular shape of our little island, the widest point being in the south + London of course, and then see how the rest of the country has been split in the poll eg. the middle section is split into three bands, west, midlands and east, perhaps the results are not really that surprising.

Newt at it again I see.

OK Lets get it sorted once and for all the best anglers live up North, Skill Charm, humour, talent, the list is endless.

So which side of the Great North South divide do you fall on.

Northern Pride or Soft Southern Jessies

:mad: :mad:

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

Dragonbat:

Newt at it again I see......

Shucks Dragonbat - you know us Yanks. Why the sport of "aggitate a Brit" is right up there with video games as a popular indoor sport. And it has been popular since long before video games were ever invented. Started in the 1700s when it was known as "aggitate German George". ROFLMAO and :D:D:D (just in case anyone isn't familiar with ROFLMAO)

As a comic, Flip Wilson, once used to say, "The Devil Made Me Do It!!"

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ok its the British North South Division

lets go a little bit East or West.

That,s me in the North West the home of (Alan Roe the moderator who intends to keep this football free!!!)

:D:D

[ 08 March 2002, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Alan Roe ]

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

Oh Good Grief - I am inundated with Northerners.

I suppose that "Save your Confederate money boys, the South's gonna rise again" wouldn't be too appropriate for the UK would it? :)

Notice Newt how there are not too many southeners feel the need to "big up" their status as it is innate in us.

My wife who works in market research did a poll for a national newspaper a few years ago found that only one in three of us Londoners is born here,they are either from another part of the UK or from another country.It's prabably only a coincidence but my wife is a northener (from Yorkshire)and a majority of my friends wives are northeners too,no wonder those northern blokes are a bit miffed.

A southen softie.

Martin.