The South??

Newt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Waller:

Newt, seems we've had America stolen off us twice. Perhaps we didn't really want it after all.

More like our timing was excellent and Britain was preoccupied with a much worse threat from France each time. Funny how it worked out that way. :D
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Oh dear, I do not know where to stand on this one, my father and family come from Durham, my mother from Middlesex, sorry I think I have to throw my lot in with the Northerners. :rolleyes:

on the subject of the patriot(how did we get to here?)was it true?,well the part about the church with people in err it never happened.that was one of the most documented wars ever and no reference to such an atrocity ever was recorded.But don't let that get in the way of a story.

as too us being relatively small .

captain of destroyer of USA to BRITISH destroyer,"what's it like being in the 2nd largest navy in the world?.reply,"not bad what's it like in the 2nd best?.we have pubs older than american history!!cheers big al :D

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

The patriot, how come an aussie played a yank patriot then,

Long live King Arthur And The knights Of The Round Table :D:D:D

Jangar

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

You have pubs older than American History. Granted you certainly do and that is most impressive.

However, we have lakes like These and you could sink Ireland in the one that is partly off the picture at the top - with no part of it sticking up above the water.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt,

I always understood that the English won the war of independence!

A king (who couldn't even speak the English language) hired mostly german mecenaries to put down an uprising of English colonists protesting at the imposition of swingeing taxes on the import of TEA!!

Of course the English won!!! What would you expect?

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust