The South??

Newt

See you southern lot another northener joined the ranks WELCOME TENCH 69 :D:D:D

Jangar

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mum was scottish my dad from london WHAT AM I

A) very lucky to have such a pedigree

B) very lucky to know who my father was

C) very lucky to be able to converse in two languages

D) your answer (but remember youngsters may be reading) :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

hang on a minute,as a devout southerner i would like to point out that we are without doubt the better half of the country.

some years ago i used to run a bar and every year for the rugby league final we had 200 northern idiots decend on us.beers rubbish down here too expensive etc,my answer if you don't like it DONT COME!!.but no, every year moaning.so us southern people should build a wall about luton and keep em out.and the fishings better as well.cheers big al :D

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Vagabond:

Newt - where does N Carolina come in all this? - I thought it was the most northerly of the Southern states - but apart from knowing the civil war was 1861-5 I'm not sure where the North-South divide was .  In England the boundary is the Trent (unless you come from the north.....

Southern/Confederate State. The dividing line was a thing called the Mason-Dixon Line (or Mason and Dixon Line).

Can get a little confusing though. On the one hand, there is the original Mason-Dixon Line, as surveyed by Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon in 1763 to 1767, which is precisely defined and restricted to the Pennsylvania/Maryland border (which runs east-west) and that part of the Maryland/Delaware border which runs approximately north-south.

The usual colloquial meaning is a roughly east-west line which was originally the border between the free states and the slave states in the first half of the eighteenth century and later became the border between the Union states and the Confederate states during the American Civil War.

Located roughly between Maryland and Virginia and them moving pretty much due west.

North Carolina is south of Virginia so was solidly Southern/Confederate.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

OK, so my western state of Oregon is located further south than Britain, north of North Carolina and in the Far East of the Pacific Rim. Our seaboard is on the west, our wild west is in the east, and most of us live kind down the left of the muddle in the northernly portion.

Good thing we have micro-brews!

OregonDave

Danny H:

Newt, talking of North Versus South.

In the U.S

What is all this Jerry Springer Take the Pi## out of Poor southerners t.v all about.

Whenever J.S is on t.v, all I ever see are Southerners making themselves look very stupid.

If they were of one religion, or Colour, then somebody would step in too say that they were being victimised, and need saving.

But as it stands these people get wheeled out one after the other to look like complete idiots, and

98% of the time they are Southerners.

Is this for the more sophisticated Northern types to sneer at the "Southern Trash"? or what.

Having said that, in New Orleans,  a man actually asked me " What language do you speak in England", go figure!!

Hey Danny, Jerry came from my hometown and got popularity when he was the youngest mayor in the U.S.

You see.

The reminder of this post has been deleted as the content without hard evidence was potentially libellous... Regards Alan Roe

RONAN

[ 12 March 2002, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Alan Roe ]