were are you heading

bluerinse

With only 18 days to go until the rivers are back on line, were will you start your summer campaign.

I will be targeting Zander and perch on the Warwickshire Avon, I have had all my tackle out, making traces and really getting myself more excited than I need too,

My targets this year are to beat both my perch PB (2lb 2oz) and my Zander PB (11lb 3oz)

I have been walking the river looking for new swims and have found a couple of likely spots, I will leave these till after the first day. On the first day I will fish a swim I know that will produce, but will venture into new swims there after, I’m thinking of starting a blog!

I might also have a crack at the Barbel latter on in the season but at the moment I am fixated with Zander and Perch.

Sad but I will get over it!!

Let’s hope the rivers aren’t as bad as last year, but looking out the window at the river Arrow this morning I’m not too hopeful

Anyway cant wait,

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be on the Kennet trotting for chub with an outside hope of my first barbel.

I've been unable to walk the particular stretch because TAA doesn't allow it even in the close season, you can only go there to fish. No real plan as such, I'll just turn up, have a look about and then wander off.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I'll be 5 mins from my house on the Avon fishing a few spots which I'm convinced will produce a big pike eventually.

Avon here in Bristol/Bath looking very brown and quick.....sods law isn't it, just in time for opening :angry:

Edited by Neil G

I have booked the first two days of the season off from work...I am sure I'm not the only one!

I have very little experience of fishing rivers but from the TV and DVD programmes I have seen I will probably start with a swimfeeder full of maggots. Once I have built up a bit of confidence I would love to have a go of trotting a float.

Would love to catch a big perch as I never have caught anything over a couple of oz's.

I have just joined a local place called Deeping St James Angling which controls a lovely strech of the river Nene so thats what I will go for.

Have fun everyone!

I have booked the first two days of the season off from work...I am sure I'm not the only one!

There are more Relatives funerals at the start of fishing season than any other time of the year :D

I will probably be on the River Glen Nr Spalding

Edited by Team Man

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

At first light on the 16th I'm hoping to be on the Great Ouse at Radwell or Felmersham with my new Barbel rod trying to locate a few Barbel and Chub.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I think I'm going to have to wait until the weekend after to get down the river but when I do get down I'll be heading for the River Dove.... not sure what I'm after yet.... possibly trotting/ledgering for grayling/chub or fishing for barbel/chub either way I can't wait!!!

As a newcomer to the hobby I'll be hanging back on the Rivers for a bit. However my new club have access to three stretches of the River Mole which is reputed to be good for Barbel and Chub. I have to confess I cant wait to hook into a Barbel.

I'll be on the Kennet trotting for chub with an outside hope of my first barbel.

I've been unable to walk the particular stretch because TAA doesn't allow it even in the close season, you can only go there to fish. No real plan as such, I'll just turn up, have a look about and then wander off.

I will be on the Kennet also,i dont tend to start barbel fishing until later in the summer so this will be a few hours trotting for anything thats willing to feed.

An added bonus is that it will be my first river outing with the A.N. centrepin.Looking forward to giving it a proper road test at long last.The swim i have in mind is reliable for early season chub and roach on hemp and tares,bring it on! :)