were are you heading

bluerinse

Not going to be fishing on the 16th but will have to do the weekend following, TBH a few days doesn't bother me!

The river is even higher this morning and the colour of tea, had some massive thunderstorms down south last night :angry:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning to be ready and waiting on an as yet to be confirmed section of the lower non-tidal Old Father Thames on the 15th ready for a midnight kick-off. I'll be loosely targeting the bream and barbel, desperately trying to avoid the Frankencarp, and switching over to targeting chub when daylight breaks. Depending on location might even have a trot for roach/dace/perch.

Edited by Angly

Geoff

i think it will be a good idea to see what the river conditions are on june the 16th rather than decided how to fish it right now. if the rivers are as they are now it may be good for barble or roach both who don't mind the the coloured water. if they are clear maybe spin for perch or pike or freeline bread for chub if there is just a little colour in the water. the possibilities are endless.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Good point Peter, I'm used to checking the weather forecast pre-fishing, but as this is my first river outing since returning to angling I'll have to get used to doing more. Luckily I know of threads on two other forums that specifically discuss river conditions in the areas I'll be targeting.

Geoff

If Metcheck is to be trusted (it's usually very good for my area) the rivers here should be absolutely spot on.

So, I too will be out with my new AN pin and a few bits and pieces in a bag, doing some trotting. Some nice roach from the Thames, and some chub and dace from the tributaries would be nice - but in all honesty it'll just be great to be running a float down a river again B)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Got my usual week off for the start of the season. :D Crucian fishing on the 16th, tenching 17/18, river the following day - that's the plan atm...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Not long now...I'm itching to get back on the rivers, have missed that style of fishing so much.

Still raining down south with more to come over the weekend so I'm not too optimistic about the conditions :angry:

Not long now...I'm itching to get back on the rivers, have missed that style of fishing so much.

Still raining down south with more to come over the weekend so I'm not too optimistic about the conditions :angry:

Plenty of rain here too Neil, but it's all under control (no flooding) and with a dry spell before the magical day it should be fining down just about right :)

Can't wait!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

On the Sixteenth I'll be fishing the Dorset Stour a few miles upstream of Throop, and I'm really looking forward to trotting a float for the big Chub there. The river was high and chocolatey on Sunday, but looked just about fishable enough. We've had some heavy rain since then, and I reckon it will take a few days to settle down again providing no more rain arrives. Less than a fortnight to go now!

Wouldn't it be nice to have live river webcams, so you could continuously check the conditions instead of doing w*rk?

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

Hey guys,

I've finally decided on my first river cast of the season!

I wandered along a part of the Thames just above a loch near Chertsey Bridge, and there's a great swim where a giant oak tree has fallen into the river, creating great structure (looks awfulyl chubby/perchy). Not sure if I should prebait it, but I'm pretty sure I'll be the first one there on June 16th!