were are you heading

bluerinse

Hey guys,

I've finally decided on my first river cast of the season!

I wandered along a part of the Thames just above a loch near Chertsey Bridge, and there's a great swim where a giant oak tree has fallen into the river, creating great structure (looks awfulyl chubby/perchy). Not sure if I should prebait it, but I'm pretty sure I'll be the first one there on June 16th!

Make sure you keep the swim a secret Dan Dan....like not posting about it on a fishing website :D:D:D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I wandered along a part of the Thames just above a loch near Chertsey Bridge, and there's a great swim where a giant oak tree has fallen into the river, creating great structure (looks awfulyl chubby/perchy). Not sure if I should prebait it, but I'm pretty sure I'll be the first one there on June 16th!

You were going to be the first there on the 16th ;)

Edited by Neil G

Decided to actually ask my boss for the 16th, I thought they wouldn't let me take it as I'm leaving the company in 4 weeks and it is the end of a huge project.... but he agreed to let me have it off.... yayy :-).

I should be fishing on the Dove come the 16th and hopefully I'll be able to get my Dad to join me :-)

Plenty of rain here too Neil, but it's all under control (no flooding) and with a dry spell before the magical day it should be fining down just about right :)

Can't wait!

Well, if that wasn't tempting fate...

Yep, serious flooding in the last few days and Metcheck says very heavy rain on the 16th <_<

Oxfordshire had a month's rain in 8 hours a few days ago.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest tigger

Yep, serious flooding in the last few days and Metcheck says very heavy rain on the 16th <_<

Bloody hell that's not too promising. But then again you know what the weathermen are like, they don't know their arse from their elbow at the best of times.

I think I'm just gonna go what ever the weather (well within reason) a good shower or two may just wake the Barbs up and get them on the munch.

Quite long range forecast...will probably be wrong

River where I am has slowed right down & dropped but still very, very brown

Quite long range forecast...will probably be wrong

River where I am has slowed right down & dropped but still very, very brown

I cheked out the Avon yesterday, it was pushing through hard, carrying a lot of rubish and filthy brown. I really hope we don't have any heavy rain in the next ten days as it will be perfect.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

The thames is still pushing through like hell hath no fury....my ickle swim has turned into a monstrosity...I may have to re-think =[

Hey guys,

Oh, Chertsey Bridge!! What fantastic childhood memories return about catching gudgeon and bleak when I hear those two words! And the large weirpool just downstream that seemed ever so scary as a 10 year old!

Only a few days to go, it's nearly time to go back into the tackle shed after a 13-week break, sort out the rods, reels,lines etc etc and get ready for a weeks fishing on The Thames around Oxford (with me old pal from Devon), and maybe have a trip or two up the Ouse for Roach and Perch.

I really want to catch a Thames Tench on opening morning, so I can dedicate the capture to the late,great Fred. J. Taylor and the 'Father of the Thames', Peter Stone. Only 8 days to go - WAHEY!!!

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries