Sturgeon

Jamie Thornton

Has anyone caught a Sturgeon before? I havent but my Dad did the other week of 7lb and it was amazing. It was the first time I'd seen a wild one in real-life before - i'd only seen them in aqautic centres etc. Apparently they are quite rare!? Especially in lakes. So has anyone caught one here? - I just wanna know (out of interest) other peoples experiances and how big :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught 2 in france! 0ne was 12lb 3oz other 14lb 8oz i caught them at a place called berny riviereb i was hair rigging and legering for the first time and was a little nervous and didnt know what to expect i never had an bite alarm just hung something on the line and focused on it then when it shot up bang into a fish they are very hard fighters great fun!!

BEEEEP BEEP BEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Angling Times, Tuesday, October, 23rd, 2001,page 6

There's a picture of a young lady holding a 5lb sturgeon, caught on float-legered meat from Kent fishery, Chequer Tree Farm

[ 07 July 2002, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]