Wigan and District AA

rourke7719

Calling all wigan anglers! I have a WDAA card and I am wanting to try all the waters but something is causing ne issues.

Where is the TRENCHY?

It is in the book as lower Ince but its not in the map book or on the website and I've asked in the tackle shop but no-one has any idea where it is

Can anyone help me out, publically or by PM would be great!

Thanks in advance

Calling all wigan anglers! I have a WDAA card and I am wanting to try all the waters but something is causing ne issues.

Where is the TRENCHY?

It is in the book as lower Ince but its not in the map book or on the website and I've asked in the tackle shop but no-one has any idea where it is

Can anyone help me out, publically or by PM would be great!

Thanks in advance

I'm a Wigan card owner, I'll try to find out where it is for you.

I've googled it with no luck but the father-in-law should know, the trouble is he's in Tenerife for the next two weeks.

I'm a Wigan card owner, I'll try to find out where it is for you.

I've googled it with no luck but the father-in-law should know, the trouble is he's in Tenerife for the next two weeks.

Bit of an update, I've been chatting to my grandad who remembers the trenchy a bit. He said its quite long and thin but thinks it is hard to get to now due to new houses being built very close by. I've had a toot on google maps and think I have found it.

Can anyone confirm the description of long and thin? Or near new houses?

If anyone is interested in seeing the locatation of it PM me and I'll send you a link to view it.

Guest tigger
Bit of an update, I've been chatting to my grandad who remembers the trenchy a bit. He said its quite long and thin but thinks it is hard to get to now due to new houses being built very close by. I've had a toot on google maps and think I have found it.

Can anyone confirm the description of long and thin? Or near new houses?

If anyone is interested in seeing the locatation of it PM me and I'll send you a link to view it.

I think the Trenchy is in Ince on your way to Hindley. On the right hand side behind the park before the railway bridge.

Just had a look on my Wigan card and it is in Lower Ince.

Edited by tigger

I think the Trenchy is in Ince on your way to Hindley. On the right hand side behind the park before the railway bridge.

Just had a look on my Wigan card and it is in Lower Ince.

The one you are referring to is Ince Park lake and is named in the book as such.

Guest tigger
The one you are referring to is Ince Park lake and is named in the book as such.
If you have a Wigan card then a couple of lines under Ince park lake is the Trenchy....lower Ince.
If you have a Wigan card then a couple of lines under Ince park lake is the Trenchy....lower Ince.

Unless things have changed a lot since I last had a Wigan card it is quite possible that the water doesn't even exist any more. They were not exactly "on the ball". Eventually we stopped buying the annual card and just "bought a day ticket on the bank" like everyone else. Well, we would have if we'd ever been asked to!

If you have a Wigan card then a couple of lines under Ince park lake is the Trenchy....lower Ince.If you have a Wigan card then a couple of lines under Ince park lake is the Trenchy....lower Ince.

What are you getting at?

In your first post you said that the one behind the park is the trenchy, which it isn't. Its Ince Park lake, Now you are referring to the book saying its a couple of lines under ince park lake.

I know it is in the book because I have the book, I know its in lower ince because that is what the book says, my original point was where in lower ince?

Anyway rant aside I have been out today and had a scout around and I have found it - or at least I have found 2 possibilities. I spoke to a couple of lads who were fishing the lake and they said that it was indeed the trenchy they were on so I'll stick with local knowledge, heres a link to it

Fishing Venues

Look at placemark 10 for the trenchy and also look at the others for Ince Park lake

As far as I can remember the trenchy is long and thin and was very weedy, and it lies directly behind Ince park lake, adjacent to Seaman way. on the other side of the railway line. Hope this helps.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Guest tigger
What are you getting at?

In your first post you said that the one behind the park is the trenchy, which it isn't. Its Ince Park lake, Now you are referring to the book saying its a couple of lines under ince park lake.

I know it is in the book because I have the book, I know its in lower ince because that is what the book says, my original point was where in lower ince?

Anyway rant aside I have been out today and had a scout around and I have found it - or at least I have found 2 possibilities. I spoke to a couple of lads who were fishing the lake and they said that it was indeed the trenchy they were on so I'll stick with local knowledge, heres a link to it

Fishing Venues

Look at placemark 10 for the trenchy and also look at the others for Ince Park lake

Rant about what?

You asked where a water was so I did my best to help you.

Edited by tigger