Wigan and District AA

rourke7719

As far as I can remember the trenchy is long and thin and was very weedy, and it lies directly behind Ince park lake, adjacent to Seaman way. on the other side of the railway line. Hope this helps.

That one is Mellings No. 1

Rant about what?

You asked where a water was so I did my best to help you.

Sorry! I misunderstood what you were saying. Not happen again

Anyway, I've found it now, see my previous post for a link to its location, apparently there are some big fish in there.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wigan DAA site appears to be down again, does anyone know how much are the 2008 membership subs for old crinklies? cheers.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

The Wigan DAA site appears to be down again, does anyone know how much are the 2008 membership subs for old crinklies? cheers.

Wigan DAA Prices 2008:

Adult £24

Disabled £18

OAP £9

Juniors £4

I have to be honest though, after buying the book and realising almost all the waters can be fished on a day ticket (all except the Heapy Resevoirs it seems) I don't really think its worth it, unless you specifically want to fish the waters that are members only.

Edited by rourke7719

Calling all wigan anglers! I have a WDAA card and I am wanting to try all the waters but something is causing ne issues.

Where is the TRENCHY?

It is in the book as lower Ince but its not in the map book or on the website and I've asked in the tackle shop but no-one has any idea where it is

Can anyone help me out, publically or by PM would be great!

Thanks in advance

[/q

Calling all wigan anglers! I have a WDAA card and I am wanting to try all the waters but something is causing ne issues.

Where is the TRENCHY?

It is in the book as lower Ince but its not in the map book or on the website and I've asked in the tackle shop but no-one has any idea where it is

Can anyone help me out, publically or by PM would be great!

Thanks in advance

[/q

Trenchy is in Lower Ince off Warrington Road.

Travel South past the Black Diamond Pub., after approx 200yds come to St. Marys Church on right hand side. Just past Church one comes to Ince Cemetery entrance. Opposite entrance to cemetery on other side of road is an unmade road.(known locally as Donkey Lane)

Carry on down Donkey Lane and cross the disused railway that was Springs Branch and went to Top Lock. On crossing railway head 45 degrees through trees and you will see 2 ponds - Trenchy. Left hand one nearest railway is very shallow. Other one is deeper and holds Tench and Rudd.

Wigan DAA Prices 2008:

Adult £24

Disabled £18

OAP £9

Juniors £4

I have to be honest though, after buying the book and realising almost all the waters can be fished on a day ticket (all except the Heapy Resevoirs it seems) I don't really think its worth it, unless you specifically want to fish the waters that are members only.

Thanks for the info, think I'll be getting a card this weekend their stretch of the Douglas used to be members only.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Thanks for the info, think I'll be getting a card this weekend their stretch of the Douglas used to be members only.

Yes your right, didn't spot that at first but have just checked, River Douglas stretch is members only!