Stop them maggots sweating!

Hereford_angler

Just another helpful Hereford angler hint:

Wanna stop your maggots from sweating and dying on you? Dont wanna buy special stuff to stop them getting too hot? Well throw a bit of unmixed grounbait over them. It will stop em getting sticky and make em smell nice! (dont use groundbait that you have added water to) :P

Regards

Ed 'Herefords bagging machine'

www.kingfisher-club.vze.com

Guest Ferret1959

Oooooh another new one to try.

And all this time I've been dabbing their little heads and under their wing pits with a cotton bud.

All my maggots have Basic Hygeine Certificates.Not only are they spotlessly clean but some were in the Army too. :P

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Doya remember when they used to chuck a handful of sawdust in maggots? Perhaps you young'uns dont, but I dont think they used to sweat so much then, or maybe my memory is going.

Sorry to be the one to do this...... But yes you are getting now what was I sayi........Old andforget...... :D:D:D

I myself keep the little buggers where it's cool and feed them on a diet of maize dust and a bit of this and a pinch of that and even some of that!! (Garam masala is good!!) and very rareley get any problems.

The only fault with the old sawdust is that you have to riddle the bait before you can use It. And with say a couple of gallons at a time!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Well i use Air conditioned Baitboxes and it works wonders.

The noise does get on yer nerves though after you have been fishing for an hour or two.

And i have to watch the Baitbox as it vibrates and goes walkies.

Weetabix ( crumbled up) is excellent for keeping them maggies sweat free and dry."Milk and sugar optional"

Also custard powder is a good short term option,it adds a touch of flavour as well... :P

Hi All,

Dont know if this was a one off but,

I was in Ireland the other week and

wanted to go fishing when I got back home

at the weekend (this was friday)

I phoned my mate to get me some maggots

for sunday, so he bought them Sat night

put them under a bucket in the back garden

( his wife would not let him put in fridge)

so when I got home Maggots running with sweat

could not find anything to put on them

rooted in the cupboard found some

sage & onion mix put this in the box

with the maggots, got to the lakeside

maggots dry with a lovely smell of stuffing

this was one of my best days for catching

bream dont know if it was the stuffing mix

but will try it again :rolleyes:

david :D:D