ANMC - Anglers' Net Members Club

Elton

ANMC refuses to die. It seems that some of you like the idea of your own little virtual club.....

When I first started the idea of a club, I put a lot of effort into getting companies onboard to offer discounts. However, the take-up was not enough to make the amount of time I put into it worth my time, or that of all the shops that committed to it. Therefore, it kind of dwindled....

So, I've decided that we'll start slowly and build. No promises of grandeur, just a basic 'thanks for helping me' gesture.

As many here know, I have given my time freely to Anglers' Net for many years. True, I have had the odd item of tackle to review over the years, but believe me, it would have been a lot cheaper and easier to have bought it!! :)

Anyway, here's the deal:

To make a living, I run a business selling figurines. I kind of figured that it would be a bit much to expect you lot to buy something from there in exchange for ANMC status! LOL Therefore, I have purchased a few bits of fishing tackle for resale.

Gaining membership to ANMC for one year is simple - simply make a purchase of over £25 from either of the two sites listed below and tell us your log-in name and/or membership number either at the time, or afterwards.

http://www.TackleOffers.com

http://www.CollectorsGifts.com

Membership 'benefits', as stated above, will not be great at this stage.....

You will be entitled to have 'ANMC Member' next to your publicly displayed name on this forum.

If you don't want the above, we will let you have any other short name/phrase underneath your name, within reason. i.e. no filth, etc.!

You will be allowed access to the ANMC forum.

In the forum, we will try to run regular (fortnightly-monthly) competitions. These will be for small prizes and these competitions should be seen as fun, rather than a reason for joining.

The only real reason for me doing any of the above is that people here have asked me to keep ANMC going, so I hope some rise to the occasion and get it started.

Should membership numbers swell and things start to improve around here financially, then we'll see if we can do 'other things'. At the moment, I want to make it expressly clear that all you are getting is whatever you've purchased (which should delight many, anyway), a bit of text near your name and access to a forum. It is not my intention to make things seem otherwise.

Moderators are granted membership for their contribution to this site. If any others don't wish to purchase something, but still wish to become a member, then a contribution in effort can be discussed. Believe me, though, it would need to be a pound of flesh, at least, as that's what the Moderators give :D

Thanks for reading.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959

Elton, I had a couple of pounds of flesh removed from my neck a few years back.

I'll give the pathology lab a shout and see if they still have it.

Now that's got to be worth LIFE membership. :D:D

Oh and any smart rrrrrrrrrrrrs who says it was my head that was removed from my neck then that's bo**ocks cos my head is loads bigger than 2 pound. :D:D

LOL Wondered why it had been peaceful the past few days :D

Should be working now. Just off to pack Bluezulu's order and see how much Dave's flesh would be worth on the open market...

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

so do i really have to spend 25 quid on plastic plates and roy of the rovers figures to join ANMC? i've got all the tackle i need at the moment (not that i ever find time to fish now i'm a professional

paranormal investigator :) ) but i still want to do my bit so come on elton, let me give you some cash!