Help Needed

bez10

ive been a course fisherman now for a few years and i need help on tying knots how to properly rig a 5bb waggler float and a simple and easy ledger rig. Please if anybody could give me some advice on simple steps on what i need help would be much appreciated. Many thanks and looking forward to hearing u guys advice.

On the left hand side of the monitor you will see a series of tabs/links. You should be able to find most of what you need in the Rig Section. Hope that helps.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

On the left hand side of the monitor you will see a series of tabs/links. You should be able to find most of what you need in the Rig Section. Hope that helps.

Renrag

whats the best knot to tye from the mainline onto the hook?

ive been a course fisherman now for a few years and i need help on tying knots how to properly rig a 5bb waggler float and a simple and easy ledger rig. Please if anybody could give me some advice on simple steps on what i need help would be much appreciated. Many thanks and looking forward to hearing u guys advice.

Welcome to the fold.

Following on from RR's advice, I'd suggest searching for 'Tying knots' on Youtube as well.

I always find a practicle demonstration easier to follow than a diagram.

(One of the problems in answering any question from a relative novice is to reply using jargon that the recipient doesn't understand!).

Practice setting up in the garden rather than on the bankside.

Learn and master each problem area before moving to the next.

Repetition will pay rewards.

Good luck and best wishes.

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.

whats the best knot to tye from the mainline onto the hook?

For eyed hooks I now use the palomar knot but for years I used the tucked half bloodknot. I find the palomar less prone loosening under load after prolonged immersion.

For spade ends, take your pick, they all seem to work as well as each other but I prefer the Domhoff with 6-10 wraps round the shank.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

For eyed hooks I now use the palomar knot but for years I used the tucked half bloodknot. I find the palomar less prone loosening under load after prolonged immersion.

For spade ends, take your pick, they all seem to work as well as each other but I prefer the Domhoff with 6-10 wraps round the shank.

Renrag

do u know any good baits that are good for winter fishing?

do u know any good baits that are good for winter fishing?

Depends what you're after. In my opinion-

Maggots are good for most fish and will usually catch something for me no matter how horrible/cold it is. Sweetcorn can often get you Carp. Cheesepaste is a winner for good Chub. Breadflake/Breadpunch is great for sorting out most Cyprinids. Worm is always good to take with you, might get a good size Perch, but almost anything that swims will have a go at worm.

It is all down to the water you fish and whether they are on the feed and in your swim. I try to travel light and will be taking a selection of baits for winter fishing, eggs and basket spring to mind lol.

I'll probably be taking a few maggots, lump of cheesepaste in my pocket, 3-4 slices of bread and some worms from the garden. I won't be using sweetcorn as it doesn't seem to be all that effective on the broads as it gets colder, but your local area may well respond well to it.

Take a selection and don't be afraid to move to find the fish. You'll find what works on the day. Also be aware that what works well one day, may not work well or at all, the next.

Renrag

Depends what you're after. In my opinion-

Maggots are good for most fish and will usually catch something for me no matter how horrible/cold it is. Sweetcorn can often get you Carp. Cheesepaste is a winner for good Chub. Breadflake/Breadpunch is great for sorting out most Cyprinids. Worm is always good to take with you, might get a good size Perch, but almost anything that swims will have a go at worm.

It is all down to the water you fish and whether they are on the feed and in your swim. I try to travel light and will be taking a selection of baits for winter fishing, eggs and basket spring to mind lol.

I'll probably be taking a few maggots, lump of cheesepaste in my pocket, 3-4 slices of bread and some worms from the garden. I won't be using sweetcorn as it doesn't seem to be all that effective on the broads as it gets colder, but your local area may well respond well to it.

Take a selection and don't be afraid to move to find the fish. You'll find what works on the day. Also be aware that what works well one day, may not work well or at all, the next.

Renrag

thanks for the advice. i fish at greenbridge farm on there lakes and canals. have u ever fished a canal before if so wot would u recommend i use? sorry to ask loads of questions but when i started fishing i had to learn for myself and now that ive found this website i perhaps ask loadsa questions so sorry if i ask loadsa questins just wanna catch more fish and be a good fisherman.