Performance Cars

Austin

The Red one on the left is not mine and I have a few more...Sorry I just like some cars.

I usually use the white one for fishing but have had to buy something a little larger now.

There were some lovely supras at JAE last year someone put a chevy engine in one that was quite a bit of engineering. I'm not usually a fan of that mk of supe but that really did it for me

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon getting upwards of 90,000 BHP from an engine that is running at around 100 RPM is damned clever engineering.

Back to cars though (not that I'm that interested in them, I prefer two-wheeled vehicles or anything that has a propeller).

I have had a little hypothesis that it's not the vehicle that matters so much as the experience, skill and courage of the driver/rider/pilot. Here's a little "thought experiment" a "gedankenexperiment" to illustrate my point.

We take Austin and his modified motor to the Nürburgring and pit him against Sabine Schmitz in the "Ring Taxi" which is a 507 BHP BMW M5.

I'd bet a pound to a penny that Austin would get his Equus africanus asinus whupped every lap.

Just my wee two bits worth you understand. YMMV.

And you would be quite right but then sabine gets paid to drive and i don't however i do know of one supra driver who passed her on the ring and kept her away too. give me the time that sabine has had on the ring and she'd be nowhere near me ;)

There were some lovely supras at JAE last year someone put a chevy engine in one that was quite a bit of engineering. I'm not usually a fan of that mk of supe but that really did it for me

I've got a pic somewhere here of a Mini with a Chevy lump in! I'd love to have just the balls to attempt something like that, let alone the know-how :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It's not a bad old white Supra manual, non turbo comfy drive I just love mine had it about 4 years still completely original and I can get 2 lots of fishing tackle in the back including a trolley, so it works for me, I would say its a reasonable touring motor although it can be amazing when drifting...hehehe, In it's day it cost more than a Porsche, although I did not know that until very recently. I just like the shape and the ride and you can still get them although the price of this model is already climbing. but it will have to go for a 4 x 4

EDIT:

Oh! nearly forgot if you ever buy one DO NOT TORQUE THE HEAD DOWN TO THE Manual's SETTINGS if you do you will blow the head gasket.

END EDIT:

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

EDIT:

Oh! nearly forgot if you ever buy one DO NOT TORQUE THE HEAD DOWN TO THE Manual's SETTINGS if you do you will blow the head gasket.

END EDIT:

Did you find that out the hard way?

also with most toyota engines if you put the top end of a turbo engine onto the bottom end of a n/a along wit hthe turbo pistons you get a turbo engine minus the oil squirters for the bearings which isn't as bad as it sounds there are a few around that don't get any problems minus the squirters

No I was lucky, I simply wanted to do a major service and decided that I would do a de-coke and polish up of the upper end replace the valves springs etc. the luck came in when I could not get a manual and I contacted a group of guys who all had supra's and they very kindly and with a lot of their personal past experience guided my efforts.

You cant get the tackle in the back...mine is a compromise between an estate and a sports tourer/gt.

But you are tempting me to convert it into a full out drifter I know where there is a nice little engine going might be a bit of engineering to get it in but should not be a problem...I did think about a full body kit...but decided no keep it original

Maybe if I got my hands on a Bentley Hunaudieres, 8.0 litre W16 engine...Oh well! dream on Toady...best if I just get a usable 4 x 4.

Edited by watatoad

You cant get the tackle in the back...mine is a compromise between an estate and a sports tourer/gt.

That's why I had the RX-8, but when we got the Impreza estate I was free to buy something silly.

Alternative - take up fly fishing:

luggage.jpg

Even has a handy built-in rod rest for setting up :D

roofoff.jpg

I've recently bought a four piece 10' spinning rod that fits in a similar length case to that fly rod, so that gives me more flexibility in what I can take in the Elise.

Lol thats why i bought the lex i was going to get the TT supra mk4 (both the lex and the tt supra have the same engine) but with kids i needed the rear seats and the boot space. I have promised myself an Aston which i will keep absolutely stock, well almost absolutely stock but i certainly will not be attempting the level of mods with that just an exaust some induction and maybe a programmeable engine management system. Just 2 -3 more years to wait unless i get anotehr ex wife