Catfish hooklengths ?

Guest RobStubbs

Guest RobStubbs

I have been using 45lb quicksilver as a hooklength for cats but I'm after something better. I'll be fishing for them in France and over here and in both cases fish are possible up to 50+ so I want something I can rely on - any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Rob.

Guest Steve Burke

Rob, before I post a reply I'd like to ask have you found any problems with Quicksilver? Do you get bite offs with it?

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest RobStubbs

Steve,

Not any bite off's but it is not as tough as it is made out to be. In the ebro it took a lot of knocking and was quite chaffed. I was also suprised how easy it to to cut through with a blade/scissors. It is also very prone to twisting up im flowing water.

I'm going to have a look at 80lb fireline (in the local shop) and see what I think of it.

Rob.

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matt@Trafford

Rob,thought I'd let ya know that Kryston are shortly due to bring out a new extra strong braided hooklink specifically designed for this problem(bite offs/snags).It has a breaking strain of approx 80lb

Originally posted by RobStubbs:

I have been using 45lb quicksilver as a hooklength for cats but I'm after something better. I'll be fishing for them in France and over here and in both cases fish are possible up to 50+ so I want something I can rely on - any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Rob.

------------------

Matt@Traff/Ang.