Trotting Rods

Paul_D

Hello All,

I'm in the market for a new rod for trotting on rivers with both centrepin and fixed spool reels. As mentioned in a previous thread the JW rods have their limitations (I already own one). What do you fellas feel is the best compromise on the market for control, power and price? I'm targeting Chub and Barbel sometimes having to use 'hook and hold' type tactics.

Cheers

Paul

Gotta be a Harrison Gti. Alan Tomkins has been banging on about these on the IAC list for years and has persuaded quite a few of us to invest in one!! I've had one for 3 seasons now in 15'. Superb trotting rod has landed me Chub ot 5½, Barbel to 8lb, Grayling to nearly 3 - all on fast stretches of river. On the lakes I've had tench to 7lb. In fact it was 'christened' with a very muscular (and very unwelcome) common of 10lb when tenching. Is equally at home trotting for smaller stuff as well - superb piece of kit - can't recommend it too highly...

See here for a review on their site by AT (Who doesn't get paid by them I might add!!)

http://www.harrisonrods.co.uk/Floatrods.htm

I paid £128 for mine 3 years ago - so worth shopping around...

Get one!

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Chris,

Cheers for that, much appreciated. The rod sounds exactly like I had in mind, particularly the extra length. I haven't seen one of these 'in the flesh' but if I find a good deal per mail order I'll take the plunge.

Thanks again.

Paul