charmouth,lyme regis

stew45

going on hols on monday is charmouth beach worth fishing or anyware local to lyme regis

Some good marks down there, I haven't fished it for a long time but it use to be good.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I have but several years ago so things may have changed quite a bit.

Take your kit because it is a good area and I am sure a local tackle shop should be able to up date you on local info.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Charmouth is a good mark in its self. When i was there a couple of years ago the locals where all fishing off the steps in front of the shops on the right. It's all rotton bottom fishing there, rough as hell down there, so you WILL lose tackle. That part of the world is good for plugging around the snaggy ground, so you could try that if you have a will to plug. As said earlier Seatown is a good mark as well. The roads around there are crap. Very narrow and hell when full of holiday makers, so take care. When I go there next I'll be walking and plugging along the shore line.

The nearest tackle shop and bait dealer is at Westbay. They might be a good starting point to find out where's good to fish or not.

I hope this helps. Tight lines.

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

Hiya

Its my neck of the woods! To the left of charmouth as you look out to see it general sea fishing, doggies, small conger, occasional rays and flatties, also bass close in, either spin or big fish baits. Steps are easy fishing if the tide is in, good for bass, 2 hours up to high tide as it gets dark, ditto to the right lots of rock ledges for bass mullet and pollack. Half way to Lyme is a big landslide I'd leave that area alone. Lyme Regis is fun from the Cob but popular as is West Bay. to the right of Lyme is also good bass terratory. The bottom all along is mixed rock and sand/mud. Go down at low tide and have a good look and pick where you want to fish when the tide comes in. Ive always found dawn and dusk best

You're also not far from Chesil beach too, good for mackeral feathering, bass and all sorts but you'll need to walk to get peace and quiet.

If I can get a day off I'll be at Lyme this week, keep your eye out for a small aluminium dinghy! Oh and go to the aquarium at the end of the cob at Lyme Regis - its worth the £4 you can get real close to fish! I hand fed the mullet - weird!

Good luck,

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com