How Many Years?

Elton

Yipee, have just discovered I am not the oldest

on line. Been fishing 58 years and still learning. Caught my first fish on the Grand Union canal fishing with train sidings on one side and the cemetry on the other. PERFECT BLISS

Bill

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now aged 58 years and fished 55 of them.

I can take you to where me and my dad fished together on the Thames at Hampton Court. It still gives me a warm glow.

DCB

Elton and Others,

I have been fishing since 1960 and have been licenced to fish since 1970. This being said, I started with a cane pole on and off of boats as a child and continue today :) . Additionally, I have been able to fish in 8 states and 5 countries. It is one of my most Enjoyable past times and each place I go, I try to pursue it.

HOPPY

Started out when I was 10yr old with me dad, sea fishing off piers and jetties, I'm now 64 and still fishing.(Coarse, of course).

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

tut tut Mike you got the sums confused again.

30x6= 180 :D (i think, old age is catching up with me now)

Gaffer

The old raliegh choppers were great, unless you had you rod tied upright to the back seat rest & went under a low branch which happened to snap your rod :(

My earlyiest memory of fishing..i was around 5 & we were fishing an old trout pool my dad used to fish when he was in the RAF, the pool was in Bridgewater somerset & i caught a humungeous fish (gudgeon) still remember my dad shouting at me for jumping up & down (it'll scare all the fish away you should be as quiet as a mouse).

According to my mummsie i actually went with my dad before then!!

I'm thirty now so i'd say 25 years & i still can't find out what a river is?

[ 11 June 2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: ALAN FAWCETT ]

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them