Wingham Fish-In May 24/25/26th

Steve Burke

I'm now taking formal bookings for a free fish-in on Wingham Coarse Lake on May 24th - 26th. You can come any time between 10am on the Friday to 10pm on the Sunday.

Please don't book here but e-mail me at my new address: stevepeggyb@hotmail.com However, I'll be happy to answer any questions here.

The weekend is a thank you to Elton for hosting the Wingham website, so priority will be given to those who join the Angler's Net Members' Club. If you're not already a member you can join via the Angler's Net home page. Thereafter priority will be given to those who haven't fished Wingham before.

When you e-mail me please let me know:

1) Which day(s) you'll be fishing.

2) Which night(s) if any you'll be bivvying up. You can also sleep in the clubhouse which has a kitchen, toilets and shower. Accomodation is also available at a local pub or farmhouse.

3) Where you're travelling from so I can give you directions.

4) Whether you can't walk far and need one of the four disabled swims.

5) What species you'll be after so I can suggest what tackle/baits to bring and possible tactics.

Wingham isn't a bag up water but does offer many of you the chance of a personal best in several species, especially tench, bream, carp and perch.

Last year my tench *averaged* just under 7lbs with a best of 9-04! They're still growing and many members have seen bigger tench, so there's every chance of a "double".

Talking of doubles, on the last fish-in 2 years ago Steve Randles had a 10-01 bream. Remarkably,a scale reading showed this fish was only 8 years old! Bream grow for at least 15 years so Wingham could easily break the record in the years to come.

Although the fishery is in Kent it's on a nature reserve in the middle of nowhere. Those of you who've fished it will know it's very peaceful, with the loudest noise usually being birdsong.

Partly for this reason, but mostly because the complex is very little fished, I want to keep pressure to the minimum. Therefore the numbers will be restricted to just 30. Demand is likely to be high so do book early to get one of the places.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention that even if you asked about coming before please e-mail me to formally confirm your booking. Cheers.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

So far there are only 4 of you coming!

Please remember I've changed my e-mail address. Please use stevepeggyb@hotmail.com The easiest way to reach this address is by clicking on the envelope symbol above this post.

Just bringing this back up to the top...

Come on you lot it will be a great weekend :D

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Steve Burke:

So far there are only 4 of you coming!

Please remember I've changed my e-mail address. Please use stevepeggyb@hotmail.com  The easiest way to reach this address is by clicking on the envelope symbol above this post.

Steve, I would never get away with it. I have just booked my flight to Glasgow to go Skate fishing with Davy for three days the following week-end. I can only get away with so much grovelling :rolleyes:

It sounds like a really nice, quiet and well organised water, maybe next time if there is one?

I am sure you will all have a great week-end.

Back to the top.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I plan to be there....but please don't let that put anyone off :D

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've had disappointly few bookings so far. If you expressed interest on the old thread please remember to e-mail me to confirm your place.

We had some big catches of specimen tench last week. One float angler had 10 in an afternoon, whilst a carp member had 11 on an overnight session. Only one of these was under 6lbs with the biggest going 9lbs exactly. What's more this fish contained no spawn! This will almost certainly be over 10lbs in a few weeks!

I've got the following who've made firm bookings so far:

Elton

Poledark

Lyn + 2 sons

John Westley

Stephen Richardson

Alan Roe + son

David Priddy

If you're not on this list and you want to come please get in touch again.

See the last post for details of the recent tench catches.

[ 18 May 2002, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]