Wingham Fish-In May 24/25/26th

Steve Burke

Whoops, counted Poledark twice, only 13 coming!

Alan. the ospreys don't nest at Wingham. We just have one or two for a short while every spring and autumn.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the change of wind (it's been largely coming off the cold North Sea for weeks) Wingham has come alive at last.

Apart from the tench and perch catches I've mentioned above, I've just been told about two 18lb carp plus another of 27lbs from the Coarse Lake. Must be the increased pressure - there were 3 on 40 acres today!

The Carp Lake has also started waking up with commons to 27lbs, a 28lb linear plus the big fully-scaled has again been out, although I'm waiting confirmation of the weight.

Let's just hope the weather stays warm for next weekend!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Hello Steve.

Please excuse my ignorance as the answer to this question has probably been posted somewhere, but - as the fish-in is taking place on the Course Lake, do I take it that, though one can bivvy-up, one cannot night fish?

If the answer is yes - Will it be strictly dawn till dusk?

How many rods would one be able to use (carp)?

Sorry again for the questions :)

Actually, Steve, I'd like to know what we should bring, too... :D

I don't have much in the way of coarse gear. I have a few carp rods and that's about it :(

What gear would suffice? Any tips? Baits?

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

mpbdsnu:

Hey Elton! When are gonna get an avatar sorted out for yourself? It's not right you should be allowed to put up a self-portrait and no-one else can!!    :D      :rolleyes:      :P      :D

Cheeky so-and-so. You wait until I bivvy next to you and snore all night....you'll learn :P

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Everyone who reads this is invited.

As far as night fishing is concerned there's no problem - you can fish 24 hours a day. 3 rods each will be allowed over the weekend.

Turning to baits, standard gear for whatever species you're after will be fine. However, there's no need to fish light as the fish have rarely seen a bait and it hasn't in the past got members more bites. Indeed those who have fished light have got repeatedly smashed! 4lb main line is the minimum I'd recommend and 6lb would be a lot better. If you're carp fishing or using boilies the rules state you must use 14lb+ main line and 12lb+ hooklengths.

Please bear in mind that, although the fish aren't tackle shy, they are extremely angler shy. Making a lot of noise or wearing bright clothing will almost certainly mean you catch very little - and the other anglers won't thank you either!

All baits are allowed except any kind of nuts. Boilies have caught both carp and tench as has sweetcorn. Worms and maggots also score particularly well.

The pit is full of bars and humps and the vast majority of the fish, especially the tench, come in the margins. The average depth is 10ft at the bottom of the marginal slope, so sliding or Polaris type floats score as does close range ledgering.

I'll be e-mailing everyone who's coming in the next day or so with directions, rules etc.

i would love to come steve, but ash our youngest has a hospital appointment on the 25th, so i cant make it

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

I've been asked can dogs be brought along. I'm afraid the answer is no as Wingham is a nature reserve and thus dogs, however well-behaved, aren't allowed.

I also forgot to add: please don't use braid as the gravel bars are very sharp. Those members who've tried braid at Wingham now all use mono!

No keepnets are allowed and BARBLESS hooks, not barbed, are banned in sizes larger than a 10.

Finally, you must use an unhooking mat, even if it's only a piece of foam or even a baby's bath mat. If you don't own one please consider buying one for the sake of your local fish as well as mine. Indeed more and more fisheries are refusing to let anglers fish if they turn up without an unhooking mat.