Chris Tarrant resigns from the ACA

PeterK

Alan Fawcett:

John probably not, they're quite happy to use pammy (dumb bimbo) anderson as a spokesperson, totally forgetting the woman also fundraises for research into hepatitis cure which she just so happens to be suffering from........now what do you think the research group uses to experiment on??

I suppose her 'research' is limited to how to spell it. God help us if she ever found out!
  • Like 1

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The 'plastic Baywatch Babe' whose name temporarily escaped me when I posted the other day, certainly does. And so too, it appears, but in entirely different ways, does PETA...

http://www.peta-sucks.com/main.htm

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Cranfield:

Unless of course, he is chosen as a household name figurehead, that goes fishing.

In which case they can go and get another one.

Of course they can, but the fact that Chris resigned just might make a lot of people wonder why he did so - including the "Other one" they might ask to take his place! Certainly most people who know Chris would know that he would not put the reputation of a body like the ACA at stake simply because it had had a spat with a friend of his. For him to have taken that step he would have had to have had far greater concerns.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

To take Bob back would, I think, plunge the ACA back into a total and destructive black hole of rampant confusion. No, they must stand by what they have done. Bob was an expensive luxuary that the ACA can well do without in my opinion.

Tyke:

Hopefully Bob will be reinstated? thats if he wants the job back after what happened.

There is a double page spread on it all in todays daily express(or daily mail) not sure which as i read it over someones shoulder at work.

If it was in the Express (likely, I think), the article should be available to view, via the link I am pasting below, tomorrow or Monday. Lot of spinning going on, it seems -- Tarrant in the Sunday Mirror last week, the James's in the Express today... Probably NOT good for our waters and Angling, this constant washing of dirty linen in public (or washing oneself whiter than white in the media spin-cycle), but then that's how it is now.

Watch out for my harrowing 'Goliath Ate My Fishing Rod Then My Budgie' revelations in the Mail on Sunday soon.

Still, we get the papers we deserve.

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx

PS -- If you have a good story to tell, or even if you don't, I cannot recommend the man (PR guru MC) appearing in Celebrity Millionaire on ITV at 8.30 this evening too highly...

From some newspaper's TV listing for 18/12/04:

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Celebrity Special The first of three special editions for the festive season. Celebrity players aim to win as much as they can for charity, beginning with PR guru Max Clifford and Birds of a Feather star Pauline Quirke, who set out to earn a fortune for the Rhys Daniels Trust, while Alistair McGowan and Ronni Ancona expect to make an impression on the Hackney Empire

Right, a quick shower and a shave now then off to the pub...

[ 18. December 2004, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Great link, Paul. And there was the two page article in full. Looks to me that the binding confidentiality agreement is pretty well dead in the water - unless, as in the case of Pope John XXIII in Gibbon, the more scandalous charges were supressed. Still, there we are. Mr Angling. Revered by more than four million. I just wondered if the article was slightly tilted?