8 metre whip?

Papa Lazarou

Just had a walk round a local lake and got talking to an angler who was fishing with an 8 metre whip for roach.He had tied what looked like a small length of powergum to the eye on the end of the whip,to this he had tied hisline/setup.Is this a safe setup?,there are bigger fish in the lake,if by chance one was hooked could it be landed?,i assume the powergum or elastic works on the same idea as pole elastic,is this safe?.Looked good fun for the smaller fish caught. :)

Wanna buy some pegs dave..

Papa, if he hooks a big lump then he will probably lose it...so what?

I chucked one of my club tickets away after being told I had to use 10lb line "as there are some carp in the lake"

The fact that I was pole fishing for roach did not seem to count for anything....stupid prattish club rule made by carpers!!!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I've seen Italian anglers fish with so called whips of over 20 foot long on the river Arno fishing for Catfish and Carp up to 10lb+.

They attached their line to the tip with a sort of double loop thing direct to the tip, they have fished like that for years over there and have a lot of success using this style.

They fish swing to hand which can take some doing when you see one using a 30ft telescopic pole, even harder to cast a float out than it is to swing it back in.

Anyway back to the question, yes I think it would be safe to use powergum to attach line to a pole.

poledark:

Papa, if he hooks a big lump then he will probably lose it...so what?

I chucked one of my club tickets away after being told I had to use 10lb line "as there are some carp in the lake"

The fact that I was pole fishing for roach did not seem to count for anything....stupid prattish club rule made by carpers!!!

Den

what a strange rule has it got many members

:D :confused:

when you think you know everything think again....

Papa it is safe as long as he has balanced the set up correctly.

An 8 meter whip has ALOT of bend in it.

Before I owned a pole I elasticed an old glass shaksphere 5m whip and landed 5/6lb fish on the set up.

My three year daughter hooked a lump on a 3m whip the other week.

It broke the line!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!