IE problems!

I have IE problems and I actually only need the ruddy thing for a small experiment too! I am trying to access some FREE offers from Vistaprint! Now thay say as I am NOT using IE (Not used it for YEARS!) The pictures will not upload fast enought with FF?? But as I said I am NOT trying to upload pictures simply access the FREE gifts they have sent me. having used FF with VP for years i think it should work? However when I go to open IE al I get is a verbotten box popping up and the dreded DUFF noise and this is what I'm am told!

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Anyone any idea please??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi Chris,

If you find where iexplore.exe is located on your pc you should be able to run it. It is either in a different place or not there. I could be wrong but someone will set us both straight I'm sure. You may have to install it.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Hio jeff. IE.Exe is in c:\programs *** as it should be. BUT googled the term and seems there are LOADS of things which can cause this!! I have however got an F drive in at present which is the old drive from my duff PC and I thionk it is that which is causing the problem?? Seems that unless I am logged on on THAT drive I canno0t access this drive? Woudl that sound about right??

Seems for once I AM right!! Accessed the IE.exe file from F: drive and hey presto it works!! Don't really know why? Perhopas a newer set of files? But it works!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Could be Chris. Can you find iexplore.exe in your F drive and see if you can open it from that drive? I'm out of my element but it almost seems like the browser is trying to open the .exe from the c drive and all or part of it may be missing or in a different place. Have you tried to reinstall it? Perhaps going here might help. use the custom feature as you only need the ie stuff.

Added:Excellent Chris glad you figured it out!

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...