Oooooo ya little Tinca

Chris Playle

In most western states within the US raking or shuffling (raking with your feet) is banned, forbidden, outlawed and looked down upon in disgust. Raking is about the same as seining. I would liken raking to how you in the UK would look at someone lifting a carp by the eye sockets.

Raking is especially effective for trout or other species that live in streams. We don't have an especally large population of Tinca Tinca:D:D Odd how custom dictates method.

Phone

I can tell by the casualness, raking is an approved method of attracting fish in the UK. No critizism intended.

In the Eastern US OTOH - raking is a non-issue as I have never heard of anyone doing it much except occasionally to clear a path in weed long enough to fish there and move on. Rarely to the bottom though - just the top 3 or 4 feet or so.

You can rake out a section of weed and be able to fish there within 30 minutes or so. BTW - most of the "raking" is done with a boat. Not from a boat but with the boat. Run up into the weed, reverse the motor, run out of the weed. Repeat several times if needed.

And AFAIK, we don't have any tench here at all. The above is mostly done by the largemouth bass guys. The idea isn't to stir up bottom stuff but just to make an opening into the weed so you can toss a live or a lure.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President