brawby (a good little pond )( rudd)

gravel pits near morisons Perch

promrose vally ( bream )

hunmby pond

fish pond wood ( bridlington )

if you want to know ant other places let me know

take a carp rod and have a go for the mackrill

good luck

Tench you will get from Scarborough mere fish the railway side most tench about 4-5lb

Chub you could have probs with that one have a look at Yeadingham near Molton on the Derwent will be your best bet or the river Rye or Seven near Pickering

most of the chub are caught in the Swale or Ouse i hope tihs helps

call in at GB Angling Barry will help with the chub

[ 18 June 2002, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Darth_codhead ]

I caught my first Chub in Yorkshire when I was about 14.I was staying with family in Burley and I think it was the Wharfe I was fishing.Catching them was second nature because they are quite Trout like in their habits and EVERY Glaswegian male has to pass their Basic Trout Poaching Certificate by the age of 10.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Burley in wharfedale, a lovely place, i've had a few chub and trout out of there, it's close to where Nick in the North comes from, a lovely place to fish................I really miss it at the moment when I've got the murky waters of the tidal tyne passing my window.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

I've just got back from my first trip out of the new season. Fished just upstream of Burley on 't' Wharfe at Ilkley. Really enjoyed myself with my first fish of the (coarse) season a minnow. Greedy bugger swallowed my worm fairly deep requiring great surgical skill to save the poor unfortunate. I went on to catch Chub to 3:14, nowt special but a cracking start to the year, and I've the sunburn to remind me of it tomorrow in the office..!!

Tight lines all. :)

Paul