What Brought You Here

Guest Elton

I get emails and phone calls almost every day from this new venture and that new venture, telling me how they can make Anglers' Net so much busier by listing on their site for 'just a few thousand pounds'. If I had a few thousand pounds, I'd buy a boat, not an advert!

Anyway, there's no getting away from the fact that this has become a popular forum and that has happened with a relatively small outlay.

What I'd like to know, and this really would help me out, is how you all came across Anglers' Net. If I spot any trends, then perhaps I'll be able to do a little bit of promotion in the future.

Answers on this thread or by email would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dave k:

I found the site via a serch engine, looking for "fishing uk".

Ive been hooked ever since.

Dave K

Dave,

That almost sounds like a TV advertising slogan!

Cheers, mate,

Elton

Guest DonRamos

Yep, I found this site via a search engine as well. Can't remember exactly what I searched for, and previous to visiting Anglers' Net I had seen quite a few other fishing based web pages, but this one just blew me away.

It's an arm and a leg better than the others, and I hear you are gonna have a preety mean rigs section on here soon biggrin.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Great work Elton, and keep it up.

DonRamos

PS - I would of thought that people refering friends and angling clubs to Anglers' Net would be the best way to promote it, rather than throwing money at advertisers. With the likes of Bob Nudd and Matt Hayes writing for you, it's not as if Anglers' Net is to be taken lightly

Originally posted by DonRamos:

PS - I would of thought that people refering friends and angling clubs to Anglers' Net would be the best way to promote it, rather than throwing money at advertisers.  With the likes of Bob Nudd and Matt Hayes writing for you, it's not as if Anglers' Net is to be taken lightly

Throw in the name Jim Gibbinson, and you've got quite a tidy trio:-)

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest uk_lurcher

searched for 'coarse fishing' on yahoo, and here I am!

Lurked for months before my first post on the forum though.

UKL

Guest Gordon Scott

I blame it all on that prince of darkness, Steve Pope! He rang me up and said "Youze gotta check out that Angler's Net site, bro, it's kickin' man!" (Sad really, he's from Essex you see...) After obtaining a rough translation, I followed his sound advice and I'm hooked! Seriously, I've dipped into most, if not all, the other coarse fishing sites without any great enthusiasm, but I think you've got it about right. Here's hoping it goes from strength to strength.

Gordon

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, after convincing my MD that I needed a lap-top, for geometric calculations and design work, I was handed one.

That evening I 'logged-on' for the first time in my life and typed in 'fishing', the first title I clicked on sent me here.

That was in March, now nearly 6 months on, I'm still loving it. smile.gif

All the best,

Gaffer.

Guest Martin Salisbury

Can't quite remember but I think it was a search engine or link or both?!

I've now been there, done that and bought the t-shirt (well nearly bought the t-shirt, I scrounged one!)

As for putting up posters in tackle shops, the offer still stands Elton. I visit a lot of shops in my area and I'm sure they'd put up a poster.

All I need is a few A4 sized posters in anglersnet colours. You should still have my address so if you've time get some done Elton.

Maybe you should run a competition. The best poster wins! ( As in drawing and not in posting a message!!)