What Brought You Here

Guest Elton

I had already registered on another site (the only one I knew of at that time) and asked some rig questions - someone then posted a link to Anglersnet. :)

[ 20 April 2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: mpbdsnu ]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't remember ! (All that lager/scrumpy/vino and malt affects the short-term memory)

I THINK it might have been via Waterlog - they do a page called In t'net, recommending interesting sites.

Anyway, as the Grimreaper says, its like going down the pub talking fishing with your mates - better for me in fact, as my ears have been the first thing to go, and so I would miss the rat-tat-tat of oral repartee in the pub.

Also, at near-68 I am still learning - make public what little I know about skate fishing, and in comes Davy Holt with a wealth of knowledge.

Mention perch, and Steve Burke and Alan Pearce are there straight away with lots of good advice.

Ask about a trip to Texas, and every computer-literate sport in the States is offering to take me fishing.

Can even exchange badinage with my old mate Chevin ........ bl**dy marvelous

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I found it looking for info on Castnets, cant remember which search engine tho! Been here ever since! usually in the small hours!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com