What Brought You Here

Guest Elton

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wordbender

Don't you remember, Murph? You said, 'Oi, you fat poof - I want some articles, pronto - and I'm payin' you knob-all!'

I just looked at the site to check out what happened to my work, that's all. Poor me, ay?

Tel

P.S. This site knocks the wossnames off anything else even remotely fishy on the net - fact. Respec', innit.

TD.

Guest BUDGIE

I was just surfing around looking for angling sites to advertise my guiding service on! Never got an advert but have enjoyed the good humour and interesting conversation.Despite contributing to various other sites I feel this one has the best Forum.

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

I was just surfing around looking for angling sites to advertise my guiding service on! Never got an advert but have enjoyed the good humour and interesting conversation.Despite contributing to various other sites I feel this one has the best Forum.

Budgie,

Drop me a line and I'll get some details about you on Anglers' Net. One day, you can take me fishing in return biggrin.gif

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest richard

Hi Elton

like most of the rest i found you on a search engine under "coarse fishing uk" now you have caught me hook line and sinker

all the best

Richard

ps how can i get spell checker on internet explorer?

Guest John S

You could say I was pretty well dragged onto the site kicking and screaming....

A long long time ago in an anonymous little newsgrouup called uk.rec.fishing.coarse, the question "I live in XXXX, is there any good fishing sites near me?". Now I was in a position to be able to answer these questions, and quickly decided to make a database so I wouldn't have to keep typing the stuff out every time. Now you can call it coincidence if you like (though I think he's sold his soul to the Devil), but as soon as I'd started it Elton sent me an email asking if I had a database of venues and if so could he use it on his new web-site. I've been trying to find the exit ever since ;-)

BTW, before too long the Fisheries section should have over 3,000 venues listed.

------------------

John Suffill

Guest Stuart M

I heard that Ray Walton had virtually given up fishing and sleeping and instead was an internet junkie. Thought i'd better check it out.

Hi Elton, if memory serves me correct I found you by searching through fishing sites.

I really enjoy this site & "all who post on her" biggrin.gif No, really, it's a great site and I have a good laugh at times. It's nice that you & now Gaffer have organised the 'fish ins' so that we all get to meet. also a chance to fish somewhere new. Matthew loved Steves lake, so I think we will be visiting it again.

You are doing a great job, keep it up.

Lyn smile.gif