What Brought You Here

Guest Elton

Some irritating bugger phoned me up and said they were doing a web site, and could I give them a bit of a hand with it. So I gave them Frontpage which I had bought in a moment of madness for no discernable reason.

I've been stuck here ever since.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tom:

Some irritating bugger phoned me up and said they were doing a web site, and could I give them a bit of a hand with it. So I gave them Frontpage which I had bought in a moment of madness for no discernable reason.

I've been stuck here ever since.

Quick, right click on those little flahing screens at the bottom of your page, select 'disconnect' and go and take a shower.

Sheesh, I'd forgotten you were still there. How long is it now - 15 months?!!

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest G. Reaper

Cos, young Elt, you told me to get onto it and so did that young Jim Dandy, Man About Town - Leon (the carp catching mulleteer).

I've stayed with it because -

It's bloody great.

Leon promised some home brew if I did.

It's the next best thing to sitting in a pub talking angling. Where else could you get such a wide range of debate?

The quality shows Murph - you've all done a brilliant job.

Question - has it really got quicker or have you put a new battery in?

Ray

Originally posted by G. Reaper:

Question - has it really got quicker or have you put a new battery in?

Ray

No new battery. it's probably down to the fact that most people in the UK are asleep at this time of the morning, Ray, so the site isn't getting hammered quite so hard!

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly, the one method that didn't get mentioned is the one that I was hoping would work. That is, when you see a thread that may be of interest, you can click on the text above it that says "UBBFriend Email This Page To Someone!", fill in their email address and away you go.

Still, you all got here somehow, so I can't complain!!

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Elton:

You know what, mate, I reckon you and my mum are holding up the 'International Anglers' Net T-shirt Wearing Division' superbly! Let me have a pic one day - yours is the only Anglers' Net T-shirt that has ever seen the sun!!

All the best,

Elton

Cheeky bugger Elton, we wear ours all the time when fishing and I was the only one at a nudist camp with a nice water wearing a t shirt and naff all else.

I found you while searching on altavista for uk angling sites. It has been great fun etc etc. I mentioned to you some time ago to send me some cards and I would pass them around. The offer still stands.

Keep it up.

I am trying to email Lyn but just get

return to sender

address unknown

no such number

no such zone

Alan(nl)

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Alan Taylor:
Originally posted by Elton:

You know what, mate, I reckon you and my mum are holding up the 'International Anglers' Net T-shirt Wearing Division' superbly! Let me have a pic one day - yours is the only Anglers' Net T-shirt that has ever seen the sun!!

All the best,

Elton

Cheeky bugger Elton, we wear ours all the time when fishing and I was the only one at a nudist camp with a nice water wearing a t shirt and naff all else.

I found you while searching on altavista for uk angling sites. It has been great fun etc etc. I mentioned to you some time ago to send me some cards and I would pass them around. The offer still stands.

Keep it up.

I am trying to email Lyn but just get

return to sender

address unknown

no such number

no such zone

Alan(nl)

Elton, go to anglersnet, coaarse fishing and then go to Gallery, Sonja has the only anglersnet tshirt ever seen with a fish. I think.

Alan(nl)

Actually Elton, I signed up because of your stellar reputation as a fine fisherman, bon vivant, purveyor of excellance, and the money you sent me.

Cheers

Crusty