What Brought You Here

Guest Elton

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pikemaster39

I was looking for sheep on a search engine and found you.

all joking apart mate I was looking for fishing sites via the search engines to link the P.A.C.E.S. site to so I could maybe get some more hits from and have been lurking ever since, your doing a great job mate keep it up

------------------

Andi

www.sussex-pac.co.uk

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Me i found your site by learning to read!!

Well if i couldn't read i wouldn't have brought anglers mail for all these years

and thats where i got your site from.Some wierdo called Priddy reckoned it was worth a look so here i am and i still can't find the exit HELP HELP i'm trapped in a sheep shaggers paradise biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

In all honesty Elton as everyone (apart from the antis) will agree seeing as this was set up for a laugh its the best angling site on the web!!(snowballing out of control comes to mind) rolleyes.gif

------------------

you've gotta sleep sometime!

Alan (trogg) F

mailto:Alan_Dian@go-fishing.co.ukAlan_Dian@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest Nightwing

Oatmeal Jack

and Newt both gave the site a good plug over on the CarpNet mailing list. I tried it, and have been a loyal visitor ever since!

Guest Keith Truscott

"Well" i'll tell you a story..............

Once upon a time I was sat looking at my motionless rod, apart from the odd leaf drifting down or or the occasional brushing of a Swan on the line nothing at all not even a flicker.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a movement, turning to get a better look I noticed a farmer on the opposite bank shepherding in a flock of suffolks ably assisted by his two Border Collie's, I marvelled at there skill.

Once they were safely in the field the farmer shut the gate and left. The flock started to drift, heads down and munching the lush green grass. This was an opportunity far to good to miss, so reaching in my bag I took out my binoculars to see if I could spy a pretty one.

Mucn to my dismay I could see that they had already been well and truly serviced as each one was sporting a big red mark just above thier tails, on zooming in for a closer inspection I saw the writing saying Kilroy's been here. As much in disapointment as anything I started to put the binoculars away, when from the centre of the flock emerged a solitary Jacob, a true English Breed and one of the few remaining from my travels around the world that I had not had.

Hurriedly putting the glasses back to my eye's and focusing just as it's rump came in to view I once once again dismayed to read Elton was here- for further info go to WWW.anglersnet.co.uk. This Elton

I thought must be the true Jacob God.

I packed up in record time, drove home collecting ten speeding tickets on the way and running down a party of Anti's just as they were about to put there Red Coats on, parked the car on the front lawn, raced inside, shot the wifwe as she was using the computer and I couldn't waste time arguing.

I eagerly entered the address hit enter and waited, vowing to buy some more memory next time I was shopping to speed the bl.....dy! thing up, when much to my consternation this fishing site appeared on the screen and not a secret Jacobs society as I had expected.

So I have stayed since hoping beyond hope! that AN is really a front and once you've been a member for ten years and served your qualifying period all will be revealed.

Am currently following up another lead of a Jacob hidden by the Budhist Monks somewhere in the distant hills of Sri Lanka, so pursuaded the wife(who was only wounded, note for diary need new sights) to move here. The things we do for love.

Great site Elton Keep up the good work, only another 9years and 4months to revalations.

Keith

Guest Chris Plumb

Word of mouth - or should that bw word of e-mail!!! There was a thread on the IAC list a while back along the lines of 'Which other NG's/ Lists have you joined?' and this was recommended so I thought I'd take a loook.....

Chris

Guest mpbdsnu

I am relatively new to angling forums and i accidentally stumbled across 'fishingmagic' whilst looking for something else. Someone on there recommended AN when I asked a question about 'rigs'! Now I'm well and truly hooked and can't leave it along!

Guest **sam**

you gave all us uk.rec.fishing.course punters advice warning about the new venture.

good to see the site grow and grow over the past year or so.

keep up the good work elton!

**sam**

It was HIGHLY recommended on the CARPNET board as being a friendly open air`ed board without the biased sponsorships & clicks, being shoved down your throat, like some of the other boards...

RONAN