RSSG - Online Membership

Elton

Okay, I'm in a bit of a hurry, so this will be brief.

You can join the River Systems Support Group here. Membership is just £3.00.

It's a secure site, allowing you to pay with your credit card. The guy who owns the shop said "yes" without question when I asked him if he'd do this as a favour and is bearing the cost of processing the transactions, so a post on his forum saying "Thanks" would be nice His main site is here.

I'll create a web page all about this later (must go to work now!). In the meantime, here's what Lee Fletcher has sent. Sorry if it looks a bit jumbled here - I'm pasting it from Word.

Tight lines,

Elton

The River Systems Support Group (RSSG)

On the 19th of January 2002 at the Premier Lodge Hotel in Essex, a meeting took place where anglers assembled concerned about the future of river systems fishing and the preservation of the river systems habitats. From that meeting, the RSSG was born.

The aims and objectives of the RSSG are as follows;

· To openly promote and support the continuance of 'Open to All' fishing.

· To actively support all river fishing clubs/societies/associations etc that offer 'Open to All' fishing to their members/season ticket holders or day permit/guest members acting within the structure of the group/campaign.

· To become active within any area that effects the river environment.

Other suggested areas for the group to take on board and discuss at a later date were....

· To openly support club bailiffs in the performance of their duties.

· To become active in the campaign against litter and discarded tackle items along the river edge.

To work together in the campaign against car/vehicle crime at all/any venues by setting up watch schemes acting, where necessary, under the advice and instruction of local police forces and the clubs/associations affected.

Further to the above, the RSSG intends on becoming active in bringing in more juniors to angling through localised fish-ins and fishing teach-ins organised on a national scale. It is also hoped that with the proper funding, the RSSG will be able to organise a angling "road-show" that will go into our schools to promote angling and explain to youngsters what going fishing is all about.

The RSSG proposed structure is as follows;

Group / Campaign Structure.

Ian Jobling read out a pre-written paragraph from the agenda of the day events, which were presented to everyone in attendance on the day, explaining the possible group structure for the campaign to encompass and take forward from this meeting. The following paragraph was read out to those present for them to comment on.

"It is proposed that the group/campaign structure be made up on a river-by river basis. Although most other angling groups have a 'regional' structure, we feel that this type would be less effective due to the extensive river systems, main river and tributaries, running though any regional land coverage. By forming smaller groups on individual rivers within the whole body of the group/campaign, each individual river's needs can be met and, more importantly, monitored by the anglers in the group/campaign who fish these rivers regularly and who are more likely to know of any issues or problems faced on these stretches. It is also proposed, that at the head of these smaller groups, a 'Rivers Guardian' (or other deemed title) is elected. Their remit being to co-ordinate any effort within their group and to report back to the officers of the main group/campaign, whereby the full support of the group/campaign membership nationally can come to their aid if required."

No one present had any alterations to make to the above statement and the Chairman, Ian Jobling, held a vote to see who was in favour of accepting the structure as laid out above.

The decision in favour of accepting the above was unanimous.

There was a consensus of opinion that we should expand the above to lakes and canals. It was agreed that this is to start off as a 'rivers' issue initially, so that we do not complicate matters and lose our impetus. However, the possibilities of lakes and canals could come later down the line.

It was agreed at the meeting that individual membership for the RSSG should be just £3 so as to make membership affordable to all.

Basically, the RSSG is for local anglers who want to protect and preserve their local fishing and fishing habitats with a nationally structured membership to come to their aid if required. The RSSG is also going to have a strong angling content and will become active in organising fish-ins and social evenings/weekends for its members.

As time goes on, the RSSG hopes to bring in angling clubs, groups etc as affiliates to the RSSG.

Of course, in order to make the RSSG idea work, it needs individual members. So, if you feel that the RSSG is good for you, please send £3 to the RSSG treasurer at;

Ian Jobling,

78 Freemantle Close,

Oakridge,

Basingstoke

Hampshire

RG21 4JN

Please make cheques/postal orders made payable to the RSSG and don’t forget to enclose your name and address with your payments.

Together, we can make all the difference to our local fishing and our cherished fishing environments.

Many Thanks.

Lee Fletcher RSSG secretary.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton:

The guy who owns the shop said "yes" without question when I asked him if he'd do this as a favour and is bearing the cost of processing the transactions, so a post on his forum saying "Thanks" would be nice        His main site is  here.

Better still why not order some tackle at the same time - I certainly will try and order something...

Been there & placed a (small) order for some gear...

Chris

[ 21 February 2002, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Thank you for that Elton but whilst I do not object to paying £3 for membership I do object to paying £5 for postage?? Me-thinks there may be a glitch?? I wil cahse and report later for all concerned.

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris Goddard:

Thank you for that Elton but whilst I do not object to paying £3 for membership I do object to paying £5 for postage?? Me-thinks there may be a glitch?? I wil cahse and report later for all concerned.

Chris

Doh!! Forgot about that - I'll go and amend the site accordingly!!

Tight lines,

Elton

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Statement now on there saying that you won't get charged postage if RSSG membership is all you are ordering.

No excuses now :D

Elton

Come on guys! Its only three pounds! Its a worthy cause! Why not pick some tackle up too? I got an extension box and some extension leads! This guy who owns the shop is doing this for free so throw him a bit of business to (by the way you don't HAVE to if you don't want).

Sorry I took so long Lee,

Richard

[ 20 February 2002, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Richard Capper ]