Folding Landing Nets

rarepleasures

I was persuaded to buy an Abu Garcia folding landing net as suitable choice for taking on holiday.

Its similar to

product_61_2.jpg

but with three sliding sections to the handle.

However I'm not happy with it. The aluminium handle feels heavy and difficult to manoeveur from the bank but worse its come apart at the upper handle joint more than once.

Can anyone suggest an alternative for those holiday trips ?

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

Hi Rare,

I recently saw a Fox landing net which had a rubberised feeling to the netting. It's bought without a handle. It looked really nice and the spreader bar looked good and sturdy. It was priced at £14.99 ( I think). Not clear from the picture that you posted what size it is that you need. This was a good course fish sized net rather than a carp net.

Comus

pafex nets

The problem, looking at the pictures, with the Pafex model is the wide weave, which could possibly damage fins when lifting.

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

The problem, looking at the pictures, with the Pafex model is the wide weave, which could possibly damage fins when lifting.

ah ok well i have a marryat from france but i did replace the mesh as what it came with was not to good if the abu mesh is good why not just get a different pole?

um arent lidl/aldi doing one at the mo?

and whatever badger tackle have turned into the used to do a 'stalking net' that was about 20 inches for aroud twenty quid it htad a three piece handle that extended out to 11 feet wasnt overly light though

Like many others I bought a folding landing net when I was in France and like many others the plastic folding frame mechanism came apart. The pricuple is fine but the materials not so good. Having searched around I came accross an alluminium framed version of the same design on e-bay which was being advetised as a sea trout net. I duly bought one, changed the net and put a longer 2 piece handle on which is fairly simple to do by pop rivetting. The result is a half decent folding net which I use for the River and Tenching. If it is of interest I will try to post a picture