far far away ...'n' still fishing

frodo_uk

I'm off to the maldives on sunday... :D :cool: :D .

Amongst the few things to do there is night fishing (or at least thats what they call it). its only for two or three hours on a boat about 7 or 8 oclock in the evening in the sea with a hand line.

there is an internet cafe there so i'll message in and let you know how i got on........woohooo...!!! see you guys in a fortnight

fat, stupid hobbit.

Where you going to Frodo? Only we went there Christmas last year to Meeru and we did all the night fishing and that - excelent fun. Beautiful place. Loads of sport fishing to be had. Barracuda, wahoo, sailfish.........

AWESOME!!!!! There is no better place in the whole world!! Take a pair of flip flops, some decent books and chill out big style. :cool:

Definitely take the snorkelling trip. Cheap as chips and the reef is unbelievable. Turtles, octopus, sharks, massive grouper fish. It's like swimming in a tropical aquarium. Night fishing is wicked, even my missus like it. Casting fishing is cheaper than the big game fishing and watching fish hit big surface lures is heart stopping.

The beach bar was usually empty and is nice to spend a quiet night with the missus. Fresh coconuts you can just pick up off the floor. If you take something to remove the fibre husk from around them, you can eat fresh coconut every day - it's beautiful and not as dry and much creamier than you get in the supermarkets here. I took wire cutters and pliers 'cos I took a travel rod and my pike gear until I got there and found out you're not allowed to fish from the Island, but when you see it you'll know why they put the rules in place.

The food is spectacular. I'm not a fish lover but the way they do it over there is something else.

You will have a brilliant time. Of all the places I've ever been on holiday, The Maldives is by far the best place I've ever been to without question. I could easily drop out and become a beach bum there.

Frodo I am so jealous. Apart from the 11 hour flight. Your welcome to that.

Let us know what you think of the place when you get back. Or you can post something from the internet cafe there!!! :D