Dutton Flash

kirki007

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
The Woodland Trust bought the land and ceased all fishing rights I think. :(

Hi i used to baliff the water fop farmer john and yes its ture Woodlands trust did by the land but it was the surrounding land

john still owns the flash from the largw willow that used to over hang on the ICI side ,

fishing is still alowed,, but you have to walk to the flash now, there is now carpark anymore as its now the woodland property.

I had a walk there last september and was upset to see what state the water was in,

to be honist if not fishable now in summer as its full of weed and the water is now only about 2 foot deep in the deepest part.

Fish were gasping on the top as there was not enough water it was such a shame to see this water like this .

the ice side is still fishable.

All the other little ponds he had are not his anymore and the carpark pond lastime i saw it was like pea soup.

I did complain to the trust about the way they have left the ponds and how the fish were but never recived a letter or nothing .

If you want to do a bit of fishing have you tried the tench pit on the other side of the weaver.

summer time is awesome for tench and golden rud,

the od carp too.

also if you fancy some trout or chubb there is a little brook there too bit of fun,,

i do miss the water such a shame to see how its been left due to the trust..

carl

• 1 month later...

Just an update on the flash..

Due to the amount of people that have been disapointed with the flash,

John the farmer has plans to put an access road to a small car park at the top so you wont have to walkas far,

Also he is still letting people fish ,,

I had a walk round the other day and its looking a bit better there were carp crusing the top and a few people

fishing,

Plenty of PIKE being caught.

The other side under the viaduct he still has access to just past the over hanging willow tree this is still producing carp

But be pre warned the water has been netted by the woodlands trust and a big majority of the carp have gone. :angry::angry:

But there is a pond at the top of his land in the middle of the field that has not been touched, and is being fished quite offtern,this still has a very good head of carp, tench ,bream, carp to over 15lb were caught in there when i used to be balif so they could of gaind weight since then ( it was 5 years ago )

The other two ponds have been distroyed by the woodlands trust,,,

ONE of witch used to have an otter visit every week eating the large musles,, so how the trust has got away with doing what they have i have no idea,,

i fished dutton back in october and had 3 carp biggest 19 1b i went back on the easter weekend to find the water has become a shambles. i did manage to catch 3 carp an 1 pike biggest carp being 16 1b 12 oz but you can see the bottom of the lake all around i also believe that carp have been moved as you can not see them. once apon a time the lake was over stocked but made this a great lake for action. :schmoll: im from liverpool does anyone know of any good carp lakes around the north west were you have a good chance of catching plenty of carp

The water is so low due to when the cows go in the field they drink from the flash,, in the far corner there is flat section where they can gain access to the flash,, this is also the main over flow outlet so there smashing the oulet all the time,

When i used to balif it we had to dam it up all the time to keep the water high.

this need doing again, it needs to be damed up about 3 feet or more.

then the carp can swim through the swallow section under the viaduct.

The carp are still there but not as many ,,

It was a comon thig to speak to anglers that have had 25 plus carp out in a night,,

i know i did,,,

the water will soon come back if the water is kept high.

try the on at the top there is laods of carp in there,,

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
hello James

hows things ?

hope dad is still working hard and she packed in smoking lol

give me a shout if ye need help with the pond?

orite carl

yer im orite cheers u?

haha hes still smokin, were puttin the road in this month and re - digin the pegs its been fishin really well the past month plenty of carp cumin out. yer me dads got ure number ill giv u a bell if we need you

cheers James