Weekend at TJ's

stickfloatking

So how many now then?? Cos' the weekend is only a couple of days away!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Right then every thing is set up.

Both Ferret and me have been working our nutts off getting things ready. Don't worry about the rain as we have it covered.

If your coming for the weekend or just for the day please ring Ferret or me when you get to the gate(numbers are on the web site and on the gate). As there is a shoot on at the gun club and we don't want to be wasting fishing and drinking time digging holes!.

If you can't ring us please take your time coming downing the gun club will let you through. And please take your time down the track as its abit wet after all this rain. Stick to the left and out of the rutted bits and you'll ok.

Guest Ferret1959

Well this is some of what you all missed out on.

Dsc00001.jpg

This was after 15 mins of setting up.

And this is what Scott caught in just over 4 hours.

Dsc00002.jpg

This is Scott fighting a common carp of at least 15lbs.

Dsc00008.jpg

BUT.

This is Scott after losing it.

Bad luck mate there's always another day.

Dsc00009.jpg

Just another brief thank you Dave and Scott,

I had a brilliant time and setting the Barbel Record and that damn Eel record was the icing on the cake LOL.

I have just knocked my family commitment on the head, so that I can come back with Geoff in September!

Once again, Thanks for a cracking W/end

Cheers

Zip

Thank you Scott and Dave for a smashing weekend. I really enjoyed my first go at a real river and I will certainly be back.

Just a pity a few who booked were so lethargic still Trev and myself know what they missed. Catch you again soon and once again thank you.

Must say was one of the best weekends fishing ive had in a long time.

Think one of the best bits was seeing other peoples face's when they've seen what you can catch from the place. :D:D:D:D:D

Well those of you that didn't turn up you missed a cracking weekend.

Just think what its like when the water is back at its normal level (up about 2ft and rising).

Now you know why people say its most likely the best part of The river Soar.