Blob Controversy

Leon Roskilly

why does it offer an unfair advantage when everyone has the option of using them. If he choses not to use one then thats his lookout!

its entirely fair!

as for not imitating a natural insect - what does a booby fly, or many of the bright orange and fluorescent lures already used represent? A glow worm?

before anyone corrects me, a glow worm is not a worm, its an insect / beetle!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone adbise me on how to fish the blob - and do I use a floating, sinking or intermediate line?

thanks

intermediate with fast retrieve, i think it's mostly the disruption that the blob causes in the water that gets the trout fired up to take, that's why people are complaining because it doesn't actually imitate anything really, it just causes a disruption that entices the trout

Can anyone adbise me on how to fish the blob - and do I use a floating, sinking or intermediate line?

thanks

First, find a stew pond, 2nd drop a few loose fed salmon eggs, 3rd tie on your blob 12" below a float..... :oops::rtfm::doh:

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

• 3 weeks later...

It would appear the Torygraph was well and truly last out of the blocks once again, the whole Ogbourne 'Yobs with Blobs' diatribe was published in 'Trout Fisherman' mag a couple of years back, when he retired from match fishing with great ceremony and more drama than an ITV two-parter.

"Good riddance!" was the cry from many on the scene, what a plonker.

People can say what they like about Blobs, I don't care, I will still use them to good effect, as well as my Boobies, Diawl Bachs, Crunchers and Buzzers etc.

People seem to forget, the bread and butter fly fishing in this country is on stocked waters. How dare anyone look down their nose at me for doing so, when they are bashing stockies like I am, just because they are using so called imitave patterns? Get a grip I say, these are stockies, use what you can within the rules to get a bend in your rod. I pays my money like anyone else and wants my limit like anyone else. Whether I do or not is a different story.

How to fish Blobs? Anyway you like within fishery/comp rules. Ripped back at breakneck speed, roly-poly or twiddled, on a floater down to a Di7, doesn't matter, all methods/lines will catch. Most important thing is to find the fish first.

A few of my Blobs..................................

DSCF0451-1.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

Tightlines!

The Pirate ;)

It would appear the Torygraph was well and truly last out of the blocks once again, the whole Ogbourne 'Yobs with Blobs' diatribe was published in 'Trout Fisherman' mag a couple of years back, when he retired from match fishing with great ceremony and more drama than an ITV two-parter.

"Good riddance!" was the cry from many on the scene, what a plonker.

People can say what they like about Blobs, I don't care, I will still use them to good effect, as well as my Boobies, Diawl Bachs, Crunchers and Buzzers etc.

People seem to forget, the bread and butter fly fishing in this country is on stocked waters. How dare anyone look down their nose at me for doing so, when they are bashing stockies like I am, just because they are using so called imitave patterns? Get a grip I say, these are stockies, use what you can within the rules to get a bend in your rod. I pays my money like anyone else and wants my limit like anyone else. Whether I do or not is a different story.

How to fish Blobs? Anyway you like within fishery/comp rules. Ripped back at breakneck speed, roly-poly or twiddled, on a floater down to a Di7, doesn't matter, all methods/lines will catch. Most important thing is to find the fish first.

A few of my Blobs..................................

DSCF0451-1.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

Tightlines!

The Pirate ;)

Ok

Stewart's a yob with loadsa blobs ;):lol: :lol:

I resemble that remark :D

The Pirate ;)

ya lots of blobs!!!!!!!!!

"two men were standing on the bank of the river and one says to the other"how can i catch a fish?? and the other replied "you keep your bait in the water!!!"

Thats a few awaiting transfer to my comp boxes GG.

No worries though, I will stick up a few photos soon of my Diawl Bach, Cruncher, Hares Ear, Dabbler, Hopper, Cormorant, Buzzers etc boxes soon.

Am not into all this secrecy bull, there's nothing to hide, its all rubbish when they go on about secret patterns and the likes, nothing should be secret, we are all anglers at the end of the day and the most important thing about success is actually finding the fish imho, that being my biggest problem sometimes :rolleyes:

Tightlines!

The Pirate ;)

• 3 weeks later...

If anglers botherd to look in there flyboxes they would see loads of flies that do not look anything like the natural food trout eat, not even the ptn looks like the nymph it is supposed to look like, they are rough immitations not copies, so the blob is fair game :P