The end is nigh for livebaiting nationally!!!!

phil hackett

Echo that Twigster,

But what do you propose we do? how do you think we should go about it? we must have a direction to go in, some plan of action to take, you talk of money, but that alone will not fight our corner, and how would you raise such funds?

What we need is leadership, someone to organise a plan of action. That meens someone with the time to devote to such a plan. WHO??????????

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nugg:

Echo that Twigster,

But what do you propose we do? how do you think we should go about it? we must have a direction to go in, some plan of action to take, you talk of money, but that alone will not fight our corner, and how would you raise such funds?

What we need is leadership, someone to organise a plan of action. That meens someone with the time to devote to such a plan. WHO??????????

Twigster is echoing my remarks earlier in the thread and is quite right that we should stop arguing amongst ourselves and get to protecting our sport.

Yes,I understand it is a difficult task we face and money is needed.Well,if it`s correct that the industry makes (whatever)many millions each year maybe it`s time that industry put a little back.

There are some massive angling companies out there,who,from our hard earned cash make fortunes.

If anyone needs to protect angling and anglers it`s the likes of these who should be foremost in the fight.

I`m not sure how many anglers use this group but if we all targeted(probably not the right word) the top ten angling companies and asked for their support they would laugh it off.If we went on and got our angling buddies to do the same then maybe they would sit up and think.

The fact is that they are fully aware of the trouble angling is in but like us sit back and let it happen.The only difference is that they`re still making money.

Can you just imagine how much some of the big companies use in advertising their products.What if they used a portion of that to advertise the joys of angling,show all the positive aspects of our sport,the unseen work in conserving our countryside,etc.etc.

PETA and others use these tactics and I believe we should do the same.Fight fire with fire.

What of the question of "who`s going to fight our corner?"

Like I said in my first post I`m new here but I suspect there are a lot of very well educated people using the group.Maybe we could start it ourselves!Maybe if we start the ball rolling pass it on to a group who are already in place but who haven`t come up with a decent plan of action.

I don`t know,just a thought.

tj:

Like I said in my first post I`m new here but I suspect there are a lot of very well educated people using the group.Maybe we could start it ourselves!Maybe if we start the ball rolling pass it on to a group who are already in place but who haven`t come up with a decent plan of action.

I don`t know,just a thought.

I'm not one of them so the question still remains, WHO?

This tread will go into oblivion, eventually just like the rest, and in some future time someone will start another on the same basic topic. and we'll all go over it again. :mad:

As I have said Nugg, there is a 'who' in place, its called the National Angling Alliance. Alegedly it was put in place by the U.K.'s representative angling bodies. If it is not prepared to act on this one then we might just as well give up and start again and create a body that will act on our behalf. Has the NFA or the SAA or whatever approached the NAA yet? If not, why not?

Surely there in lies the problem though, there are simply too many different organisations in fishing, with the NAA only being one of many. And while 'good old boys' in committees are sat round the fire, PETA and others are out sourcing funding and supporters.

Surely there in lies the problem though, there are simply too many different organisations in fishing, with the NAA only being one of many. And while 'good old boys' in committees are sat round the fire, PETA and others are out sourcing funding and supporters.

I'm sure that the major angling companies would happily provide help and support to an ORGANISED group, but there is the problem. There has to be one body formed which will cover ALL types of fishing, aswell as being full-time, professional and well funded. I for one would be willing to help set-up something like this but only if I could guarantee that it would be supported.

Until there is a professional, commercially linked and strictly run organisation with full-time staff, devoted only to promoting fishing as a whole then we will simply be going round in circles.

I mentioned in a previous post a story about the Australian camping & caravaning industry.

Everyone throws their bit into the kitty, from little campsites to companys that make caravans & motorhomes, and because they have the funds they can advertise on TV & in the press, hold shows etc and show the general public that there is a type of camping for everyone.

Because of this it has increased in popularity and everyone has benefited from it.

Now why cant we do the same in the UK, every tackle shop, bait dealer, fishery, tackle manufacturer etc, etc, etc chip in a few quid to show the general public how good it is to go fishing, the TV & national press could carry adverts (for no-where in particular) showing fishing, im sure there are many celebritys that would give some of their time to promote angling (Chris Tarrant springs to mind).

All we now need would be someone to set this up and approach everyone connected to the UK fishing industry with cap in hand, it wouldnt have to be much, there must be 10,000 fisherys in this country, if they put in £10 a year thats £100,000 to start with then get the same from every tackle shop and a bit more from the bigger companys.

It would be feasable to expect a budget of £1,000,000 a year to be used to promote angling and the best bit is it would help every branch of angling.

Scott.

Twigster:

Surely there in lies the problem though, there are simply too many different organisations in fishing, with the NAA only being one of many. .

Hi Twigster. This indeed used to be the case. However, the NAA is the new umbrella organisation repesenting angling. Here's an opportunity for it to demonstrate that it can be effective - or not as the case may be.

For further information on the history of the NAA etc type in something like angling unity into the search facility at the top right of this page.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve Burke:
This indeed used to be the case. However, the NAA is the new umbrella organisation repesenting angling. Here's an opportunity for it to demonstrate that it can be effective - or not as the case may be.
But I fear that by the the time we find out they are impotent, it will be to late, for this cause anyway. Has anyone heard of any action contemplated by them? Has anyone even heard from them? I think we're chasing rainbows here. :confused: