The end is nigh for livebaiting nationally!!!!

phil hackett

Just for the record....

The Countryside Alliance caught wind of this first thing today and contacted me. They are outraged and are doing what they can to make their opposition to this heard.

I know different people have differing views on such organisations, but the CA were the first people to speak to me directly about this, which must mean something to some.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do we go on this one? Mention has been made of using the judicial system. But in doing so we are highlighting an area of angling that is pretty hard to defend.

Dave Lumb hits the nail fair & square, we are up against 'conservationists' rather than politicians. I would add two words to that, anti-angling conservationists. Its happened on the Broads. We are seeking a review of the trolling by-laws. The motion for change was overturned at Broads Authority level, by the A.A.C.

I would just ask of the various bodies whose representatives are posting here, please don't go it alone. We have the NAA, lets use that body, after all, that's what it's for. If the NAA is not prepared to act, then its pointless having it.

Elton:

Just for the record....

The Countryside Alliance caught wind of this first thing today and contacted me. They are outraged and are doing what they can to make their opposition to this heard.

I know different people have differing views on such organisations, but the CA were the first people to speak to me directly about this, which must mean something to some.

Elton

Lets hope they remember the dreaded M.O.U.

i too had a letter but this time it was for llangorse, a fine water, and even finer pike water, it seems to be going nation wide all of a sudden, i will, as much as i can defend our right to fish the way we choose, the email i recieved was from Andrew Prichard (EA) ive never heard of him, and why he would email me is a bit of a mistery as he used one of my email addys that have nothing to do with angling.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

In reply to Newt

quote:

Don't know about you but I look with serious dis-favor at any move by the government to limit freedom and choice unless there is a very compelling need.

Me too mate, but I think, for all it's faults, there is no way you can compare this government with the Nazis. We do not do our argument any favours by such extreme comparisons. Is the loss of the use of a method of fishing REALLY comparable to the systematic, planned execution of upwards of 10 million humans! If you think so, as I said before, a sense of perspective is required. :( :confused:

Where's the 'ANY' key?

From another thread:

TheDacer:

It's pathetic the way the hunting set are desperately trying to get anglers on board.

Their """sport""" will almost certainly not be banned - just licenced.

And Angling, along with shooting, two genuine and reputable sports, are 100% safe. If they are banned in my lifetime (I'm 38) I will personally donate £50,000 to a named charity.

Anyone care to nominate one?

Can somebody attract TheDacer to this thread??

There is talk of not allowing pheasants to be reared on game farms and released for shooting. What if they ban the stocking of ponds with trout??, or any other fish species for that matter.

By imposing a ban on lead shot for shooting ducks, they have, by stealth, virtually banned traditional wildfowling by making it more expencive to fire at a duck than the dead bird is worth for food.

See you all on September 22nd??

Jim Roper

http://www.march-info.org/march2/index.html

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Steve

“I appreciate that you have just returned recently from a funeral in Ireland but know for a fact you were back before Sunday 21st July and not as suggested in your reply as 31st July.....I am sure the letter arrived on the 31st.....all this shows, is that it took two days longer for the letter to arrive down south.”

I like a man who knows his facts, as you presume to do.

I was in Ireland for a funeral on July 18th and 19th, returning on the 20th.

I was in Ireland for another funeral on 29th July and 30th July returning on 31st.

The letter was posted to me on the 26th and, I presume, arrived on Monday 29th. I saw it on my return on the 31st, when I posted here.

A simply apology for blackening my name will suffice.

Can we now get to preventing this happening again in the future instead of discussing my diary dates and trying to score points off each other.

Phil check your mail box.

Mike

Join the SAA today for only £10.00 and help defend angling.

The use of live-bait has been banned in Ireland for a number of years. This was brought in because of the spread of coarse fish into waters that did not contain them, notably dace in the cork blackwater(imported from the UK, there were no dace in Ireland prior to this) and roach in Lough corrib.If anglers are daft enought to carry fish across the Irish sea to use as bait they are also daft enough to carry them around the UK. The reasons for the ban are sound and should be seen as so.If you value your fishing you should also value your fish and their environment. We in Ireland have adapted to using lures and shop bought dead baits with no problems, in fact many serious Pike anglers tended to use dead-bait in preference prior to the law change. With the banning of live-bait it also became an offence to remove coarse fish from waters and this also helped control the dispersing of fish from one water to another. Remember not all anglers have or USE common sense!.

Please consider the reasons for the BAN before reacting in an adversarial way to it.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Jim Roper:

From another thread:

Jim Roper:

It's pathetic the way the hunting set are desperately trying to get anglers on board.

Their """sport""" will almost certainly not be banned - just licenced.

And Angling, along with shooting, two genuine and reputable sports, are 100% safe. If they are banned in my lifetime (I'm 38) I will personally donate £50,000 to a named charity.

Anyone care to nominate one?

Can somebody attract TheDacer to this thread??

There is talk of not allowing pheasants to be reared on game farms and released for shooting. What if they ban the stocking of ponds with trout??, or any other fish species for that matter.

By imposing a ban on lead shot for shooting ducks, they have, by stealth, virtually banned traditional wildfowling by making it more expencive to fire at a duck than the dead bird is worth for food.

See you all on September 22nd??

Jim Roper

http://www.march-info.org/march2/index.html

If by September 22nd you mean the Countryside March then NO, I won't be there. The CA might need angling but do we need the CA? Nothing has so far convinced me that we do. A great deal has convinced me that anglers will damage 'our' cause by cowtowing to the CA. Perhaps we should start a group called 'Anglers Against the CA'. I am convinced that by publically distancing ourselves from the CA that we will do ourselves a great favour.

greg long:

We in Ireland have adapted to using lures and shop bought dead baits with no problems, in fact many serious Pike anglers tended to use dead-bait in preference prior to the law change.[/b]

I also used shop bought deadbaits in the Lake District, but now im restricted to sea fish only.

You have'nt read it properly, the ban is ALL FRESHWATER FISH ALIVE OR DEAD. Including eels, no matter if they came from the sea or lake.

A slightly different situation to yours Greg.

Scott.