Wingham Fish-In 2011 dates

Steve Burke

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing new there then Andrew ;)

I wouldn't mind waiting a few days for that particular bite! The trouble is all those 8lb+ tench getting in the way :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Wasn't Mark McKenna's Ferry Meadow fish (22lb 9 ozs) first reported at 25lb or am I losing the plot? Ive had 25 stuck in my head for ages! At that weight the record was totally out of sight but at 22 still a possibility.

Anyone throw some light on this?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

22lb 9oz Budgie,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Wasn't Mark McKenna's Ferry Meadow fish (22lb 9 ozs) first reported at 25lb or am I losing the plot? Ive had 25 stuck in my head for ages! At that weight the record was totally out of sight but at 22 still a possibility.

I first stocked Wingham in 1995. The vast majority of the bream were fry but there were a very few slightly older fish up to about 1 1/4lbs. Assuming the 17-14 caught in April 2004 was one of the latter then it would have been 11 years old (12 in June). It may have been even younger.

Bream commonly grow for 15 years in length and then fatten up a little. It therefore probably had 3, possibly 4, more summers of growth in length left, and was almost 2 months away from spawning. And boilies have started to go into the lake recently. I'll leave others to do the arithmetic.........

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I first stocked Wingham in 1995. The vast majority of the bream were fry but there were a very few slightly older fish up to about 1 1/4lbs. Assuming the 17-14 caught in April 2004 was one of the latter then it would have been 11 years old (12 in June). It may have been even younger.

Bream commonly grow for 15 years in length and then fatten up a little. It therefore probably had 3, possibly 4, more summers of growth in length left, and was almost 2 months away from spawning. And boilies have started to go into the lake recently. I'll leave others to do the arithmetic.........

Hi all newbie to AN here, just booked the time off work and hoping to join you all next year for the Wingham Fish-In. I was pointed in the right direction by my work collegue Rob Ward who also happens to be a Wingham sindicate member and long time AN member. Recently Rob and myself have blanked in style on the river Ribble but we aim to do better and try harder over the forthcoming holiday period :)

Looking back at the posts on this fish-in I can see why people travel great distances to be there, the BBQ and good company is the main draw for me as I'm very skilled at blanking in style and to be honest it doesn't bother me aslong as I'm in front of nice bit of natural scenery.

Started getting the right gear together on the advice of Mr Ward and just hoping to put it to good use next May at Wingham, speak to you all (hopefully in person) soon. Graeme.

PS Now I've booked the time off work I'll need to get the equivalent pass out of her indoors.......time to look for a nice Christmas present I think ;)

Hi all newbie to AN here, just booked the time off work and hoping to join you all next year for the Wingham Fish-In. I was pointed in the right direction by my work collegue Rob Ward who also happens to be a Wingham sindicate member and long time AN member. Recently Rob and myself have blanked in style on the river Ribble but we aim to do better and try harder over the forthcoming holiday period :)

Looking back at the posts on this fish-in I can see why people travel great distances to be there, the BBQ and good company is the main draw for me as I'm very skilled at blanking in style and to be honest it doesn't bother me aslong as I'm in front of nice bit of natural scenery.

Started getting the right gear together on the advice of Mr Ward and just hoping to put it to good use next May at Wingham, speak to you all (hopefully in person) soon. Graeme.

PS Now I've booked the time off work I'll need to get the equivalent pass out of her indoors.......time to look for a nice Christmas present I think ;)

Welcome to AN Graeme!

New members are particularly welcome (indeed have priority) at Wingham Fish-Ins, and I notice that several have expressed interest on this topic already.

If you are interested in attending and haven't done so already, don't forget you have to have made a least one post before I take bookings around the beginning of May.

By the way, first-timers have a history of doing especially well on Wingham Fish-Ins! :)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net