How much do you spend?

Bob Shotter

Two sets of chestwaders, £200 but sold one pair to the firm I work for £100

Fishanywhere smock £45 which is okay but not in the same class as my old Titan smock

Drenmam fishing rucksack , bought because it has no zips to rust cost £30

Two Centre pin reels from E bay £260 only one any good wasted £90 on a reel that was so heavy it gave R S I of the wrist

Permits and daytickets £75

Hooks and bits and bobs £30

Line 1 spool Diawa tournament ST 8lb which I loaded on all my reels and have plenty leftover for next year 2 spools of flurocarbon for hooklenths total cost £50

One pair of sunglasses for low light conditions £ 158 which my firm payed for because I need them for driving

Bait only use bread but groundbait addivtives £100

No rods this year

Landing net handel Drenman twistlock £39

• 1 month later...
How much do you spend?

I have never really thought about this in any depth until this year what with the squeeze and all but I have just done a wreckie on my fishing cost for the year and have to say wow HOW MUCH!!!

Bottom end gear weights hook swivels trace etc £150

Line four time 300yards of Braid £120

New Rods two £350 both on special

Flotation suite £85 on special

Reel service £65

Total on Gear £770

Then there are the trips and I have been on quite a few this year so lets call it £1000 which is close and then there is the fuel and bait ball park figure £300

So total spend £2070

Fun had priceless

So is this, a lot, a little, or avrage How much have you spent?

Why dont you service your reels yourself?

Being a shore angler I give my Mag elite 6500 a complete strip down every month.

I just followed the scematics that came in the box.

I also service all my other reels, multipliers, fixed spool and even my centerpin.

Back to the question

So far Sea fishing this year has cost me:

Fuel - about 1.50 petrol in tilley and diesel in car for three mile drive.

Pack of Frozen blacks - 4.00

Lost a set of tackle - about 1.60 to replace

Time - priceless but time well spent (Even though I blanked)

Total 7.10

For an average sea fishing year on bait, sundries and fuel I probably spend 100-150 pounds but I do live near Felixstowe so travel costs are minimal and I collect a fair bit of bait myself.

I look after all of my gear to keep cost down but over the last two years have invested in new kit after deciding to do alot more sea fishing:

New Ian golds shelter cost me 50.00 - was used by a mate once

New holdal cost me a tenner - worth 25.00 used to store shelter in!!!

Two new Daiwa supercasts cost me 100.00 - worth 300.00 (from a supermarket type shop that had priced wrong - cash paid)

Mag elite cost me 90.00 after alot of haggling

Penn surfmaster cost me 50.00 (I would not buy another as they are junk)

New tripod cost me 45.00 - 7foot ian golds match

Filleting knife (old one lost on beach) 20.00

New globe for tilley 10.00

Ian golds match rucksack 35.00 (complete with free golds filleting board and a measuring stick (about a tenners worth in total))

Latest SAS flotation suit 100.00

New head torch 20.00

I also spent about 200 quid on end tackle and at least 150 quid on bait over two years

Fuel probably cost me about 80 quid

In all about 800 quid divided over two years is 400.00

It soon adds up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This year I dont need anything new but would like a MAG525 for some rough ground work which for a new one will cost 150.00 on top of my average 150.00 spent on essentials

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Why dont you service your reels yourself?

Being a shore angler I give my Mag elite 6500 a complete strip down every month.

I just followed the scematics that came in the box.

I also service all my other reels, multipliers, fixed spool and even my centerpin.

Back to the question

So far Sea fishing this year has cost me:

Fuel - about 1.50 petrol in tilley and diesel in car for three mile drive.

Pack of Frozen blacks - 4.00

Lost a set of tackle - about 1.60 to replace

Time - priceless but time well spent (Even though I blanked)

Total 7.10

For an average sea fishing year on bait, sundries and fuel I probably spend 100-150 pounds but I do live near Felixstowe so travel costs are minimal and I collect a fair bit of bait myself.

I look after all of my gear to keep cost down but over the last two years have invested in new kit after deciding to do alot more sea fishing:

New Ian golds shelter cost me 50.00 - was used by a mate once

New holdal cost me a tenner - worth 25.00 used to store shelter in!!!

Two new Daiwa supercasts cost me 100.00 - worth 300.00 (from a supermarket type shop that had priced wrong - cash paid)

Mag elite cost me 90.00 after alot of haggling

Penn surfmaster cost me 50.00 (I would not buy another as they are junk)

New tripod cost me 45.00 - 7foot ian golds match

Filleting knife (old one lost on beach) 20.00

New globe for tilley 10.00

Ian golds match rucksack 35.00 (complete with free golds filleting board and a measuring stick (about a tenners worth in total))

Latest SAS flotation suit 100.00

New head torch 20.00

I also spent about 200 quid on end tackle and at least 150 quid on bait over two years

Fuel probably cost me about 80 quid

In all about 800 quid divided over two years is 400.00

It soon adds up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This year I dont need anything new but would like a MAG525 for some rough ground work which for a new one will cost 150.00 on top of my average 150.00 spent on essentials

:lol: Not a lot then. I've had a cheap year but only because, 1, I've been blown off most trips. 2, The beaches have been almost unfishable or not worth fishing. 3, That will change this year as I now have more free time and can do short notice trips and I'm also looking at some warm water forays. Mr plastic here I come. :lol:

2010 was a pretty good year, but it's still got to be in excess of £10/lb. ;)

2011, pretty bad start for me, one trip so far, spent £100.00 nil return, out in the morning and have been warned that cod have naffed off, don't quite know what to do. Think i may well contact an agony aunt. :huh:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

2011, pretty bad start for me, one trip so far, spent £100.00 nil return, out in the morning and have been warned that cod have naffed off, don't quite know what to do. Think i may well contact an agony aunt. :huh:

:lol: Come on my Namibia trip in March, sunshine and fish with attitude. :lol:

:lol: Come on my Namibia trip in March, sunshine and fish with attitude. :lol:

Thanks for the offer Norm. Wer'e working on decimating the virgin conger eel and ling stock up the north east this year. we'll let you have the exclusive as and when. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Thanks for the offer Norm. Wer'e working on decimating the virgin conger eel and ling stock up the north east this year. we'll let you have the exclusive as and when. :D

Excuse me Mr. Luxton, but Rodbenders have the EXCLUSIVE both report and HD film rights on this one, besides Norm has retired do keep up there’s a good chap. :P

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Norm will want to come out of retirement for this one.

Too late mate already laid the cost of the trip off, just in case there ain't conger up there, do hope you understand. :P