How To Make Paste

Elton

Posted on behalf of Steve:

quote:

I wonder if you could help me?   I would just like to be able to make a good paste bait of my own. However, I do not know how to make it and I wondered if you might have any basic recipes for me to try?  I would also be grateful for your help in explaining  how they work .

Many thanks.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Two parts powdered Trout pellets to one part of semolina and a tube of Anchovy paste from your local supermarket. Deadly for Tench! I bind mine with raw eggs but I read an article recently that stated that eggs will send the bait rancid if you wish to use the paste on another day. I think there's probably some truth in that. I'd imagine you could achieve much the same effect with water as the binder. I 've used eggs in the past because you can then boil a skin onto your baits to prevent the small fish nibbling it away if need be.

I believe the 'boiling' idea has now become popular with carp bait manafacturers.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

On the subject of pastes, how do you actually use them ? Just roll into a ball and hook it?

I`ve heard u can use a paste to make a popup for carp fishing by moulding it around a cork but how would u use it for general coarse fishing ?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

You could (Chris) purchase a "Rolling Table" from me with a view to "Rolling" your own!! BOILIES! that is.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))