Angling Trust courts Kayakers

Leon Roskilly

Kind of makes you wonder whats going on though does'nt it, some of those Northern views are quite strong and not very complimentry but it would seem that some of the Southern yakkers feel the same way

Is there a real need for yakkers to be represented as a seperate RSA entity as say against small boat owners like me?

I think the main gripe is the way a few of the members decided they were above consulting with everyone else and leapt into bed with the AT just to get some dodgy recognition of their kayaking and fishing skills to be able to continue the sot courses.

Some discussion first would have been appreciated.

Edited by nifty

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Werent even cosulted if we wanted this .I and quite a few others are suspicious of the AT whether this is justifyed or not remains to be seen but there track record doesnt seem that great.

Welcome to the world of angling politics and The Angling Trust. For many of you this will be the first time you have heard of anglers afloat or The Angling Trust. The mistake a few of you are making, is the believing that The Angling Trust now represent all kayak anglers. The truth of the matter is, that The Angling Trust now represent a very small group of kayak anglers who signed up to this (I would love to know the figures ??????????? of how many kayak anglers have actually paid up and joined this separate group, my guess is it will be about 6 people). The rest of us are waving a big 2 fingered salute to them and will continue to catch fish from kayaks regardless of what AnglersAfloat or The Angling Trust decide to do in there less than busy little lives.

I wouldnt loose any sleep over it whatsoever. The Angling Trust and the NFSA have told every man and their dog that they represent all sea anglers for as long as I care to remember. What you need to remember is they only represent those sea anglers who signed up. Again Id love to hear what sort of number of Individual anglers this constitutes (Not clubs whose members dont even know who the angling trust are).

The Angling Trust Are :

1. A private group you have to pay to join.

2. Completely unrepresentative of the majority of sea anglers.

3. Completely clueless.

AT just to get some dodgy recognition of their kayaking and fishing skills to be able to continue the sot courses

recognition from the ukcc stuart , hardly dodgy , infact the same body that provide the recognition of the bcu :o A lot of emotional comments being banded around but glen has it right i think. I wouldnt loose any sleep over it whatsoever.

if you want a sleepless night stay up and watch the thrashing in adelade :D:)

Edited by Martin Hurst

Ok Prowler 13

AT just to get some dodgy recognition of their kayaking and fishing skills to be able to continue the sot courses

recognition from the ukcc stuart , hardly dodgy , infact the same body that provide the recognition of the bcu :o A lot of emotional comments being banded around but glen has it right i think. I wouldnt loose any sleep over it whatsoever.

if you want a sleepless night stay up and watch the thrashing in adelade :D:)

Certainly won't lose any sleep Martin. Just trying to get my head around why we need outside organisations to stand up for us. UKCC, never heard of them. Glenn did have it right we should have given them the two finger salute and rallied together under the banner of UK kayakfishermen and fought for what we want.

I know nothing is going to come of this amalgamation but some consultation with other yakfishermen nationwide would have been a better way of going forward.

Certainly won't lose any sleep Martin. Just trying to get my head around why we need outside organisations to stand up for us. UKCC, never heard of them. Glenn did have it right we should have given them the two finger salute and rallied together under the banner of UK kayakfishermen and fought for what we want.

I know nothing is going to come of this amalgamation but some consultation with other yakfishermen nationwide would have been a better way of going forward.

Just googled them, Not sure it's what I was after but who knows?

http://www.ukcc.org.uk/cosmetic-surgery/breast-implants :lol:

Kayak, paddle, rod, common sense; sorted.

Agents and Salesmen? Don't want them aboard myself - the whole joy of Kayak fishing has been leaving all the Salesmen, agents and bullshitters ashore while i get to enjoy some true peace and quiet a mile off.

The moneymen sense an opportunity and wish to clarify and classify. Sod em.

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

I think the main gripe is the way a few of the members decided they were above consulting with everyone else and leapt into bed with the AT just to get some dodgy recognition of their kayaking and fishing skills to be able to continue the sot courses.

Some discussion first would have been appreciated.

I dont think it has been taken upon themselves.

The SIT on top course was a great loss when red tape stopped it.Alot of members on AA wanted it brought back.But the only way was to do it legally and with Insurance.The AT offered to supply the relevant courses and insurance which was a bonus(The BCU was approached and they basically didnt want to know).Its peoples own choice if they join the AT or not.Kayakers are not being represented by anyone so I dont know where all that came from.The AT speaks on behalf of all anglers.Thats if you want them to.You have a choice.

Its all been blown out of proportion by the odd few hell bent on causing caos on forums.Every forum has those people.

PBSBAC (are members of the AT) which have a kayak section.We were made very welcome over a year ago, and now get the chance to fish club boat comps.They have changed the 2 man rule to suit us.As long as 2 kayaks go out together and are at a safe distance to assist if need be then we can fish club comps.

There is none of this bickering amongst members.Most are AT members,but not all.

zzippy2.gif

I dont think it has been taken upon themselves.

The SIT on top course was a great loss when red tape stopped it.Alot of members on AA wanted it brought back.But the only way was to do it legally and with Insurance.The AT offered to supply the relevant courses and insurance which was a bonus(The BCU was approached and they basically didnt want to know).Its peoples own choice if they join the AT or not.Kayakers are not being represented by anyone so I dont know where all that came from.The AT speaks on behalf of all anglers.Thats if you want them to.You have a choice.

Its all been blown out of proportion by the odd few hell bent on causing caos on forums.Every forum has those people.

PBSBAC (are members of the AT) which have a kayak section.We were made very welcome over a year ago, and now get the chance to fish club boat comps.They have changed the 2 man rule to suit us.As long as 2 kayaks go out together and are at a safe distance to assist if need be then we can fish club comps.

There is none of this bickering amongst members.Most are AT members,but not all.

who on earth gave poole boat club the mandate to represent kayakers with the AT . :rolleyes:

Ok Prowler 13