Angling Trust courts Kayakers

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just googled them, Not sure it's what I was after but who knows?

http://www.ukcc.org.uk/cosmetic-surgery/breast-implants :lol:

Spot on Jaffa, there is no need to add politics to kayak fishing or indeed any form of fishing. Its currently the one thing you can do in life thats free from rules and regulations, lets keep it that way.

The whole Angling Trust and Anglersafloat business is appalling. They are like the secret service. You cant read anything on AA without being a member, now they have put a second level of secrecy in place for the AT members on the site. Once you have signed up you get a secret password to access a secret part of the forum. Sea angling information should be free and especially as AT claim to represent all anglers there should be no closed doors at any level.

You cant read anything on AA without being a member,

To be fair on that point Glenn it was neccesity that brought that in, from memory it was down to spam attacks. A lot of (proboards) forums are susceptible and many require registration to access all areas. Peresonally speaking I am probably about to lock parts of my own forum down to password entry albeit for a different reason.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

To be fair on that point Glenn it was neccesity that brought that in, from memory it was down to spam attacks. A lot of (proboards) forums are susceptible and many require registration to access all areas. Peresonally speaking I am probably about to lock parts of my own forum down to password entry albeit for a different reason.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• 1 month later...
What are the reasons for the disgruntlement?

The main reason for the disgruntlement is that the AT are complicit in keeping many of our inland waterways closed down to canoeists and kyakers, whilst charging for the privilege of being a self-appointed representitive body.

Quite frankly, I am appalled that the AT has been complicit in this affair.

I think it demonstrates quite staggering level of insensitivity and indifference, and a complete failure to understand or address the issues.

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Spot on Jaffa, there is no need to add politics to kayak fishing or indeed any form of fishing. Its currently the one thing you can do in life thats free from rules and regulations, lets keep it that way.

The whole Angling Trust and Anglersafloat business is appalling. They are like the secret service. You cant read anything on AA without being a member, now they have put a second level of secrecy in place for the AT members on the site. Once you have signed up you get a secret password to access a secret part of the forum. Sea angling information should be free and especially as AT claim to represent all anglers there should be no closed doors at any level.

UK Kayak fishing is currently a beautiful place where people can get excited by their own ideas, assess their own take on the risks/rewards, research new ideas through the internet, and unless someone can show me otherwise, have not lost anyone yet?

I really don't want to be told what i should or should'nt be doing by those tuned into seeing my hobby as a cash cow.

Despite the lack of Orgs toadminister UK kayak fishing, (All there to keep people "safe" rather than make a living for those involved of course..) The lone idiot kayakfishers seem to have done a pretty good job of not being killed.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net