FRESHWATER CRAYFISH

Saints72

Hi Saints and welcome to AN. I don't know of any exact spots but the Bristol Avon has signal crays in it and as far as I am concerned anyone that whats to eat them is fine by me.

They need to be extracted to help our smaller native crayfish. I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem getting a licence. Not sure about any other rivers your way, just put a trap down with a tin of dog food in it and you will soon find out ;)

lyn

If you do accidentally catch one of these signals and fancy a free meal (if thats allowed) then i`ve heard you stick it in a bucket of river/lake water for a few days/week to get the impurities out of its system. Then again I also heard that if there were any toxic substances in the place you caught it you might be looking at a very dicky tummy too.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd bump this to the top, as it's getting quite a few search engine hits, so must still be as relevant as the day it started.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 1 year later...
I wish people wouldn't revive threads that have been dead for three years!

Especially when there is a current thread on exactly the same topic :rolleyes:

hear hear

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Alright saints where abouts in somerset are you from? I'm near yeovil, be nice to have a local angler to talk about nearby waters etc.

Dave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Alright saints where abouts in somerset are you from? I'm near yeovil, be nice to have a local angler to talk about nearby waters etc.

Dave

Doubt they'll see this - twas posted 6½ years ago.... :rolleyes:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog